Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

its 2018 february 3 at 11 am  and its 80 on my front porch in clearlake . 

its the last year of hunting with lead ammo in most of kalifornia . starting jan. 1 2019 it will only be non-lead ammo for hunting . must be kalifornia approved non-lead so its not just anything you find . kalifornia approved is less than 1/3 of non-lead ammo out there . they say reloaders can still order online all the parts to reload , but all ammo online purchases are now banned . hope yall got yours , i got mine online last year . now you people that carry a pistol while hunting , dont forget to get your non-lead pistol ammo for when your hunting otherwise you could get a ticket . center fire pistols capable of killing game will also be required non-lead ammo  in the pistol when your hunting as your not allowed to possess lead ammo in any form while hunting . 

there are very few proposed anti gun or hunting laws for this year , they are saving them for front runner gavin newsom when that anti is elected . he already saying he wants to propose an all lead ammo ban in his first year and to get all previously un registered guns registered. and if the vote gives them dems another super majority as its been the last 7 years it will happen . 

so all you kalifornia hunters get out there and go hunting . 

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

http://kymkemp.com/2...-and-full-moon/   this is a news blog i watch . they mostly dope growing pot heads but every now and then have a few great pics on there . most of these pics are northwestern calif on mostly private  NO HUNTING property 

#3 iseebucks

iseebucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

How do you think this weather is going to impact horn growth and fawn survival this year in CA?

I didn't know about the potential all lead ammo ban. If that happens than I am moving out of this State.

#4 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

howdy iseebucks 

drought years didnt slow horn growth much , usually enough new browse for them as they move back to summer areas and this year up north anyway had some good rain  but not much lately . and fawn survival  is always hard to tell till after spring heard count completed in early april . but i will say predators are out lots more than normal this year , lots more cats being seen and that means they spreading out more and in search of food .

lead ammo ban is already in affect in many places in calif . wildlife areas , all fish & wildlife lands and ecological  preserves . 

https://www.wildlife...lead-Ammunition  this link has lead ammo banned hunting areas 

https://www.wildlife...ition/Certified   this link has calif. certified ammo list , double check ammo when buying at stores , i already seen some stores selling things that not on approved list

#5 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

How do you think this weather is going to impact horn growth and fawn survival this year in CA?

I didn't know about the potential all lead ammo ban. If that happens than I am moving out of this State.

Where ya movin to?

#6 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

only place he can move where they dont care to follow regs is south carolina or florida . neither have a validation check system . and another guy on another chat says in his 60 years of hunting , never seen a warden in the field . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users