Photo

good to be back on blacktailcountry.com!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Knielsen

Knielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hey fellas, I hope everybody is doing well, things are good here, I realized a few days ago that I haven't been on blacktailcountry in a long time and I need to get back into it because although I don't get to hunt for my beloved blacktails as much as I did growing up only because I live in Florida, it doesn't mean that blacktail hunting isn't on my mind, because it is, how did everybody do last season?? I hope everybody was able to get a buck, I haven't been home to hunt since 2013, I went to South Texas this past December and killed a mature solid 8 point whitetail, I can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist, I would also like to go on another mule deer hunt again, I haven't hunted for mulies since 2004, does anybody have any recommendations on places to go out west that are good and you can get over the counter tags for??

Attached Files

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

howdy  Knielsen 

thats a nice texas buck 

http://w11.zetaboards.com/EDH/index/  being in florida , try this chat / message board . its loaded with whitetail hunters . 

if you used to be on these boards back before 2013 , its changed . very few now on here and fewer talking . most only chat when showing a pic or story of a hunt or harvest . hardly anyone else . i started on here in 2015 and its getting slower and slower every month . FB is taking away the chat but now FB is deleting profiles with guns or mentioning hunting . 

i dont hunt out of state so dont know about any over the counter tags but there are a couple on here that do . maybe they break their silence and talk to you . 

#3 Knielsen

Knielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

Thanks! I will check it out for sure, too bad the traffic on here has slowed down, years ago it was always hopping, I go all the way back to the inception of blacktailcountry, Dan is a great guy, I have known him for years and even been to his house to meet him, I wish you the best of luck in all of your hunting endeavors and thanks for providing this link for me.

#4 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

i have seen dan on bottom of the page reading but ive never seen him make a comment since i been on here . 

always wanted to tell him  HI and thanks for the site to talk on . 

good luck to you also

#5 Knielsen

Knielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

He and his wife are good people! Some of the best you will ever meet.

#6 Roadkill

Roadkill

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Killing a damn blacktail

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Welcome back!!
The harder you hunt, the luckier you will get.

#7 Knielsen

Knielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Thanks! Hope you're doing well? All is good with me, sure do miss the blacktail hunting in Cali though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users