How's Your 2017 Blacktail Season Going?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

heading to smoky siskiyou tuesday morn sept. 12 

depending on weather site i look at it either be raining all the way up or 90 degrees 

sure hope smoke clears , caltrans traffic cams at yreka sure been bad smoky . 

fire out of etna and other areas  been so smoke filled they cant use aircraft and almost no containment .

they can use them today as i type but gonna get hot again and inversion layer will set in soon 

#22 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Saw bucks chasing does in a zone over the weekend. We saw 4 bucks but nothing worth shooting just yet

#23 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Attached File  IMG_20170923_083600.jpg   174.49KB   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20170923_084330.jpg   166.63KB   3 downloads
Ended up filling my second a tag on this small forkie yesterday morning. No tag soup this year. Now it's time to get Babes muzzleloader accessories and start shooting so she's comfortable with it for the m-11 hunt. Can't wait for that.

#24 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

good job

#25 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

the most important accessory i can think of for black powder is called " silent ball remover " 

if something happens , it wont shoot or after a hunt you still have it loaded , how to get it out of barrel .

you could pull it using removing tool that should have been supplied with rifle when you bought it . 

but silent ball remover works on  CO2 . you press the thing on nipple where primer goes and then turn it on after reading instructions . it blows the load out 

simple and easy and in most cases can reuse pellet loads and bullet , but not always . 

at rondys we in the clubs carry them all the time to help out stuck balls or misfires 

#26 maddog

maddog

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing thats all there is !!!!!!!!!!

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:51 AM

Congrats and good job on your buck !!!

MADDOG RULES LOL and Make the first shot count,Blacktail Identification expert LOL and population control professionalist LOL

#27 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Thanks

#28 Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

2 for 2 Sweet

Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#29 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:46 AM

Tried to hold my second tag for a bigger buck but my last weekend plans were foiled by other hunters. I took that buck seconds before he ran for his life or took a shot from one of the three other guys who I ran into just after the shot. Another shot rang out towards my usual camp as I was talking to one guy, he said it was his buddy. So my entire hunt area for the weekend was screwed. Glad I made the quick decision to squeeze on him or id have likely ate my second tag... Way she goes I guess

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users