52 replies to this topic

#41 Huntr Pat

Huntr Pat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Bowhunt Big game. Advance NFAA Archery Instructor. Retired Army

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Hi all, Pat here from Gilroy, Drew Lake Sonoma tag so that where I'll be.
Grim Reaper Pro staff
Shorter Blood trails
Predators Arhcery Pro staff

#42 209hunter

209hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hey Im Robb from Tracy but I go to school in Fresno. Ive been deer hunting blacktail for about 4 years now but this will be my first year bow hunting as well and I cant wait for the opener in 6 days! Its great to have a site dedicated to blacktail hunting!

#43 rblocke2

rblocke2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Rob, I am 47 years old and have been hunting since I was 14. I have taken blacktails in Lake, Sonoma and Santa Barbara counties. Given a choice I would take a meat buck and fill my tag, rather than hold out for a big fella. If the big boy presents himself I would take him though! wink.gif

#44 Rauch

Rauch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Checking in, my name is Cory I was stationed in Monterey last year. I wasn't able to hunt last year but I knew I wasn't going to miss this year. I have been rifle hunting up in the Sanhedrin Wilderness Area in Mendocino National Forest right outside of willits, we've been taking a back way in but this weekend we are going to try coming up from the "suggested access" lol

#45 MARSH BUCK

MARSH BUCK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ive been waterfowl hunting with my dad and uncle since I was in diapers. I was raised by a family that loved wing shooting and also did their fare share of deer hunting up in B zone. My personal deer hunting career mainly started on my own in high school "about 12 years ago". My dad lost interest in big game hunting and I didn't have the cash or the know how to go up into the mountains, so I began hunting locally in the valley ,now I'm hooked on river bottom deer. I found the deer that live down here to be an awesome challenge. With a great reward if you are able to hang your tag on one of those huge body heavy horned bucks.

#46 stewy

stewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

hey everyone, mike from chico here! originally from antioch until i started going to school at chico state. love hunting deer, and im also an avid waterfowl hunter (along with all other game animals) and I am a member of Wilderness Unlimited. I have only hunted one private ranch (not a WU property) in the A zone my whole time hunting deer and ive only shot one small fork off that ranch (Ive seen plenty of good size deer on the ranch, just never been able to shoot one). Now that I am a little older I want to start hunting on some public land, and thats what led me here to hopefully pick up a little bit more knowledge of the whole process of public land hunting.

#47 2rocky

2rocky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

John From Petaluma. Grew up on Blacktails in Marin County. 38 years old equal opportunity archery or rifle. Out of State Elk Hunting has been my focus for the last 6 years.
Growing up in Blacktail country prepared me to be the Western Wanderer.

#48 BayAreaBigBucks

BayAreaBigBucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

My name is Mike i have lived my whole life in the East Bay and i have been hunting since the first time i tagged along with my dad and uncle at 2 years old. I have hunted all over the western states but have never paid for a guided hunt just found places and went. Between my father and I we have one of the best collections of trophy blacktails around. Im hoping to start hunting the Yolla Bollys this year and am willing to learn how to hunt the back country from anyone willing to teach me

#49 CAKILLER

CAKILLER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi all Randy from Rohnert Park. This year was my first year with a bow, I am hooked. Been rifle hunting for years

#50 VaderSpade

VaderSpade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hello, I grew up hunting in the Redding area, I've killed my share of BlackTails. I currently have the second largest Mule Deer (but it's really a Blacktail) listed in Pope & Young for Shasta County, he scored 162 7/8.

I killed my first buck at age 13 and have filled my tags every year since.

The owner of the ranch I killed my first buck on was a hunting buddy of my dads. Dad quit hunting about 40 years ago and passed on 5 years ago. This last year (after season) I reconnected with that ranch owner. He's 86 years old and loves hunting and being outdoors more than anyone I've ever met. We're working hard to get the deer population back up on his ranch. I have 21 cameras on his 2,200 acres and things are looking good for this season.

#51 HumboldtHunter27

HumboldtHunter27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

My name is Coleman, I've been hunting Bzone Blacktails since I was twelve but didnt get to go a lot when i was younger due to football and fall baseball. I really got serious about hunting four years ago when I was twenty six and have become obsessed. I think about hunting season every single day of the year. Never had the privilege of hunting private property but feel that much more satisfied when I put one on the ground on national forest service. Bought my first bow last July but didn't hunt with it last year, my goal is to kill my first bow buck this august. Good luck to everyone this fall.

#52 Savage_99E

Savage_99E

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Striving to be a modern day Mountain Man

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Howdy all, my names Chris I'm 30 years old and I'm addicted to Blacktail.
I got a late start to hunting, went along as an extra set of eyes when I was 16, got my hunting license shortly there after and have only missed one season sense. I decided a long time ago that even if I never harvest another buck I'll always spend as much of season as possible at Buck Fever. There's something very calming and humbling about the Blacktail woods.
We're lucky enough to have bought back a piece of property that my family owned from early 70's through the early 90's just a little North East of Platina. Save for 1 season in G1or4 I've only chased deer in B-Zones. I live in good deer country now and consider getting an A tag here there as I could probly fill it in my back yard but, it would kinda feel like cheating on Buck Fever.

Anyway glad to be here hope to be if some assistance to some of you at some point.

Savage.
The world is what you make it.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my hunting partners who is trying to kill my Bucks.

#53 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

Meatbuck. From Woodland,madison,esparto area... Killin bucks since 2000. A zone mostly but have killed in b zone (before the hmongs got to be too much where I hunted). I put my gf on her first buck a couple years ago. I hunt mostly public land with a rifle for blacktails and hogs. And some private land for birds. My freezer stays full with wild game and fish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users