3 replies to this topic

#1 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

What's required? Two families, with three kids each. Enough gas to get out in the woods, and hopefully back again. Share one rig, so hmm.....there was eight people all crammed in there. Well, I suppose we were going for a joy ride really. It's kinda hard to be serious when the noise is that loud. When the kids first started singing, I thought "oh brother", I hope nobody hears this. They were singing at the top of their lungs and having such a good time, I didn't have the heart to shut them up. I pulled off on a spur road that led to a recent clear cut, turned the engine off and got out. Just as I got to where I could look over a bank, all heck broke loose! The deer convention going on above the road came to a screetching halt when they heard all that singing. Must have scared the living day lights outa those critters. They scattered in all directions, like a flock of birds. It was hard to concentrate on any certain one. The first one in the scope was a buck, and he was going flat out headed for the brush. ( blush.gif This was before it was unethical to take a running shot) He must have skidded twenty feet when that 7mag connected. My wife Chryel yelled, "the big one's going over the top", and so he did. Oh well, that's been my story........why shoot a trophy, when ya got a dink right there dry.gif

Would it work every time, who knows? Ya got three kids, that like to sing LOUD?

By the way, don't try the stupid deer on the pole thing. It really hurts the shoulder. Camo, what's that?

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#2 RGA 4X4

RGA 4X4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Too funny. Good story.

#3 shedhorn

shedhorn

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts