meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

Post up your hunting rigs here!

(Past or present)

Show off your car, truck, suv, atv, utv, boat, bike , whatever you take when you hunt blacktails.

Give some info like pros n cons, what mods you've done for hunting, type of terrain, gear storage, things like that.

Let's see em!

#2 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

How bout vintage pictures of bucks strapped on the fender of an old model a? Or stacked up in the bed of an old Chevy?

Found a few here

http://www.24hourcam..._Hunting_Trucks

#3 applegatecontractor

applegatecontractor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

So I don't have any picture posting ability for the BTC lately, BUT my choice hunting truck is a quad cab 07 toyota tundra, with toyo mud terrain tires, a 2" lift, KNAACK lockable job box and campershell. Ol Blue has been a very reliable and unbelievably capable hunting truck. It has all the limited slip diff and traction control junk. In this truck that stuff ROCKS!!!! I can drive up slippery nasty slop with out barely so much as slipping a tire. I run in four hi always off the pavement, four low gets me out of my whoops choices and if that doesn't work I fabbed a winch mount that conceals the winch inside the stock bumper, just the fairlead and hook show. When out on the road either to a hike hunt, road hunt or camp hike and road hunt trip, during hunting season, I like to keep multiple tow straps on hand, 3000 feet of mule tape/bull line for game recovery, snatch blocks, deer bag, extra food water clothes and old school wool army blanket, chains for the tires and all the other normal stuff. One time on a camp trip I goofed and set up camp under the headlights for what turned out to be too long… SO i also carry a jump pack, because hiking out of camp for miles to find some firewood cutters to give us a jump was a little unexpected, it all worked out but the reality was a wake up call.

Been following the SOCHI winter olympics. Still haven't seen the late season blacktail hunt…... :wacko:

#4 blacktailhunter

blacktailhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, sports

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

IMG_1636_zpspiyqhbhi.jpg87 Suzuki Samurai. The perfect hunting rig. Goes anywhere, plenty of room to fit your gear and deer in.

#5 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

Cool sammy

#6 maxwell

maxwell

• Members
  • Pip