• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sotc

sotc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

It was nearing the end of the 2009 season. My brother and I were up in the mountains enjoying the clear air and awesome views. Well, as awesome as 20 foot visibility through fog can be. We were cruising up to the top of a road to do some hiking when my brother spotted a buck running the opposite way we were driving but close to the road.
He hit the skids and we both jumped out. The buck kicked it into high gear and took off. My brother told me to chase him so off I went. Apparently the deer stopped and then started again when I came lumbering down the road because about thirty feet in front of me I see the antlers moving through the fog like a ghost. It was a big deer and of course I got caught up in "buck fever". I dropped to one knee, brought up my rifle and BOOM! shot before I got low enough to even hit his antlers.
After that, the deer made good his escape and I did my best not to beat myself up too bad. I just hope that next time I get an opportunity like that I'll go a little slower and make a good shot.
Enjoying some cow meat this winter.

#2 shedhorn

shedhorn

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Family

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

I need to get a cam back up there
It's tough to push a rope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users