Youth Rifle Suggestions/Experience

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

welcome onboard columbarius 

i have one of those winchesters only its a 7mm mag 

stop by again and often 

we could use more chatters 

#42 Columbarius

Columbarius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

Thanks, plan to.

#43 dukslayer26

dukslayer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Since I couldn't legally shoot deer till I was 12, my dad started me off with a Remington 243 with a straight 4x Leupold scope. I hated having a fixed scope, but it sure taught me to use my Binos to spot deer. I remember thinking the 243 kicked kind of hard at the time considering the only other rifle I had shot was a 22. After shooting tons of rabbits,squirrels and other small game, when the time came my dad knew I was ready for deer. Today I'm 37 yrs old and shoot that same exact gun but put a 3x9 on it. Whatever gun you go with make it one he will want to keep forever. Trust me, he will really appreciate it when he older!
I hunt cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!

#44 Team Forky

Team Forky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

My son and little brother both shoot 7mm-08. It's a great little round. I grew up on 243. Both work great on deer. Little bro killed a monster 7 point bull on a youth tag with his 7mm-08. The 140 grain bullets are nice. And both rifles have minimal recoil. Best of luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users