• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rocklinhunter

rocklinhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

My son was just drawn for the Shasta -Trinity J4 Apprentice Hunt (November 25- December 3, 2017).  Since I am not familiar with this hunt or the area I immediately started researching the hunt and I found this forum.  The only information I found was one thread from 2013 with limited info so I thought I would reach out in hopes of some assistance.

I have determined the boundaries and I have been trying to predict the migration routes of the bucks coming from the Trinities from Google Earth and to me it looks like the areas around Trinity Lake look promising.  I plan on making a few scouting trips to this location before the hunt starting this summer, just to become familiar with the area. I have a boat but I am not sure if using it would get us into any better locations we can access to start a morning hunt on foot.

Anyway, if anyone can share some ridges or general areas that typically hold bucks during this late season that I can start scouting now I would appreciate the direction.  I am willing to put in the time it takes to get my son a quality buck but I am just looking for people that may have some past experiences hunting with kids on this hunt or from someone who has been out there during this time of year.

Thanks!

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

there are people here that hunt that area and all around trinity lake and trinity alps 

i dont . have not been to trinity lake since 60s on vacation 

have a cousin that hunts it and he werks at trinity fly , thinks thats their name . its a fish shop around weaverville 

GOOD LUCK 

and check back often 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users