I got cheap, and it cost me!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leonten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sandra & I were hunting together & I asked her if she could hunt on her own. No, as she didn't have a pair of binoculars. So we took the day off from hunting and drove 4 hours to a Walmart. I bought her a small pair of Bushnell binoculars, cost $67.00. They were great, till the following year, heading to Susanville I stopped and checked out a spot on the side of the road, she stayed in the truck. When I got back, she took her bino's off her neck, threw them on the truck floor and said "Those things are $hit." When I asked why? she said "I just used YOURS!!!" After the trip I found a pair of aus JENA notarem DDR, 10X40 roof prism binoculars for $200.00 (eBay). After the next hunting trip was over, she complained that they wobbled too much. So I bought her a pair of Wind River 8X32 roof prism binoculars, $225.00. During our next hunting trip, while in camp, she compared her's to mine. Then she complained that mine gave better depth perception........I was trying to save money by not buying her a pair like mine because they cost way too much. So I found her a pair of aus JENA individual focus 8X30 Porro prism binoculars $200.00 (eBay). The following year she compared them to mine in camp......Another complaint! Mine are 9 power and she complained that mine brought in things in closer. Leupold stopped making my binoculars (cost way too much) so I finally found a pair just like mine on eBay for $385.00. BTW all the bino's I got her were in perfect shape, almost unused. Mine are Leupold, Gold Ring, individual focus 9X35 porro prism binoculars. I know Leupold still makes the gold ring, but they do NOT compare to the old ones. And I don't believe anyone offers the individual focus binoculars any more. Anyway I was going to give them to her as a Christmas present, but we broke up before Christmas.

All was not lost though as I ended up with all the binoculars!

At the last hunting camp I was at, a guy saw something on the far hillside. He asked for my bino's, I handed them to him and he couldn't find the focus wheel. I said just use them, they're in focus. After 30 seconds he said "These things are amazing!!!!" BTW from 50 yards to infinity, they're in focus. If you can find a pair, buy them. Before they were discontinued (around 1990) they were selling for over $800.00.

#2 Oregonmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Moral of the story is to let your girlfriend buy her own binoculars next time smile.gif at least you ended up with all of them. Thankfully you broke up with her, she sounded like an unappreciative brat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users