#1 huntinfreak

huntinfreak

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and dirt bikes

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

It was a dry season,untill the wednesday of the last week and im in my shovel swinging logs and not hunting and not happy.I had thursday and friday off so i had 4 days to kill.My boss let me go a little early that day and i couldnt get in the brush fast enough and i was telling every one on the cb tonight is the night, first rain in 2 months or so and im gonna kill.Earlier that summer i found a new swamp i was gonna hunt but they moved a yarder in there and were logging all around this swamp during bow season so we couldnt get in there. I was heading to another spot but when i rode past the road they were logging on i noticed equipment tracks leaving the road, so that told me they were done in there so i headed for my new swamp.I got down in there and it was torn from elk,now im pumped and its still raining.I called my partner who already tagged out on a nice 5 point and said guess where im at,im in my new swamp and he says well hang up and kill one,i said joking ok il call in an hour when hes down.It wasnt 5 minutes of walking when i started hearing cow talk,oh ya its on.we chased this heard around the weekend before and the heard bull was a stud and a screamer and there was a small bull following the heard.These cows were real vocal and then i heard the bull scream a little bit.I had good cover and a good trail that i was on so i possitioned myself across from where i couldhere them and set up then the cows started pouring into the swamp then the bull stepped out,dam its the small one.Well the bull turned the opposite way of the cows and whent out of site but the cows are all out in front of me.the wind was right and im sitting there talking to myself,breath aim dont point you know the drill,now these cows are getting way to close and i cant see the bull.Sure enough the cows are feeding along the trail that lead to me and now im gonna get busted when all the sudden a few cows scattered then stopped and thats when i seen his horn tips,it was him that scatterd the cows now hes at 30 yards and i got cows 10 yards infront of me.i drew back and slowly stood up and the cows scattered again but the bull didnt see me and just stood there at 30 yards looking around and i drove him just getting both shoulder blades and locking his front legs together but he walked through my arrow breaking it to peices.I hate to admitt it but after the shot my knees were slamming into eachother they were shaking so bad.The bull went about 20 yards and stopped and stood there not giving me another shot maybe 2 minutes went by and the bull starting swaying side to side then tipped over.He was a little 5 point,i didnt care though he wasnt all rutted out and is mighty good eaten.1 hour with the rope winch and we had him hole in the back of the pickup and never even broke a beed.Sorry about my writing abilitys i hope you can make sence of it.I failed english
gotta love oregon

#2 bvalleyhunter

bvalleyhunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Sweet write up huntinfreak, got any pics?

Monster or not, they're all monsters in my opinion.

Love to see some pictures.

bvalley
Smoke em' if you got em'

#3 Trailseeker

Trailseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Good stories are from the heart, and this is a good story.

Thanks.

Huntinfreak: I had thursday and friday off so i had 4 days to kill.My boss

This caught my attention, and made me smile. A writing professor would have smiled too for this juxtaposing of words surely will get attention and keep the reader interested. By the time the reader do a double take and is fully aware of the period, he or she is already hooked to read more and enjoy the story with a biggrin.gif

Defend our rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
Uphold our natural right to harvest food.
Hunt.

#4 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hey man, we don't speak English-we speak American, and that was some of the best American I ever heard. I could understand it real good, I felt like I was right there with ya. You got straight A's in my book. You keep writing like that and we'll keep reading them. Thanks. You made my day.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#5 huntinfreak

huntinfreak

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and dirt bikes

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

The only picture i have left of him is in my gallery on the old board under ricks stuff .Thanks for the compliments guys.
gotta love oregon

#6 Eagle eye

Eagle eye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Stories like that get me all amped for th up coming WA early archery season! thanks for sharing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users