• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Columbarius

Columbarius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:47 AM

Hey folks, I recently found out that I'll be working this summer down in lakeview, while returning to Portland on weekends. This means I'll have a chance to drive through pretty much the whole Oregon blacktail range every week. While I was originally planning on hunting the northern coast range, now I'll have a chance to scout anywhere I like.

So the question is, if you guys could hunt anywhere, where would you pick? I'm not looking for monsters, just a place with a good shot at success, that I can visit and explore all summer. Thanks in advance.

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

i see you looking on here lots waiting for a reply 

DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP wait a little longer 

most are still in winter hibernation and even though they can point and click a mouse and read , their fingers are still too frozen to type 

i've noticed about 20-25 members looking and reading and lots of non members 

soon as the winter thaw happens and hunters get twitchy then some will respond  :D

facebook takes away lots that love to chat , it makes it more personal and not out for everyone to read . 

#3 BlacktailBowhunter

BlacktailBowhunter

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Shady Cove outside Medford

Any of the areas around Roseburg east and west

Call the biologists as well

#4 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Hunten and Fishen

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

Years ago I ran BLM tree planting crews .... we planted some units up above Galice ... I think we called it Bear Camp ... the start of the back road system that goes over to Gold Beach .... I have always wanted to go back an hunt that area.

Don't know about now, but back then the deer heard was tremendous in that area.

Also I always wanted to hunt the Kalmiopsis area west of Cave Junction .... sighted the biggest Blacktail Bucks I have ever seen in that area.

#5 Columbarius

Columbarius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Those areas look really good, thanks. I really like the more out of the way spots like you're recommending; I grew up in the wilderness and it feels good to get out when I can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users