lets start 2017

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

i live downtown clearlake 

1 minute to grocery , 1 minute to gas , 3 minutes to walmart 

that is if the dirt roads in this stinking town arent all mud in rain . 70 % of the roads here are still pot hole dirt roads 

and its not the la bamba music here , its the boom boom boom of craprap 

and yes , there is lots of meth . most my neighbors use it and all the illegal pot that the city allows 

and only animals around here are the packs of dogs that run wild cause the city wont enforce leash laws or any dog laws . but i do see elk at times when i go to the dump

#42 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  • Interests:Hunten and Fishen

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Come on guys ... it's gotta be better than that or you wouldn't live there.

#43 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

i do plan on moving . i start social security later this year and soon after i need to get pre-qualified for  VA loan with my double income . soon as i know what i can afford then i start looking around Yreka . im looking online now .

and i dont know squat about YOLO county except they steal our water . but you should see that water or should i say smell it . its dang near sewage by the time it leaves our mercury polluted lake . 

i can say la bomba musica suks but not near as bad as black screaming obsenaties of craprap that goes on here 24/7/365

and there are a couple others on this board from my county , live in a nicer area across the lake . if they came on , at least they could backup my part about this stink hole of a city .

#44 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

OK ... I get your meaning. When I was raised in Fairfield we use to go fish Clear Lake .... seems like it was like late '50's. Caught good cat fish and bass. Also it seemed like there was parts of the town Clear Lake that was rough even then. Can't remember where we went.

We also fished up past the town of Monticello. Then they built the Berryessa lake. Was a lot closer than Clear Lake. The early years fishing in Berryessa was kill. Mostly from the shore. 

Yreka would be Ok ... if you want country go on out toward the Scott Valley. But it's nice to be around a Hosp when you get our age. Is there a good Hosp in Yreka these days ?

I like the central Oregon Coast. Little Old burn out logging town. A little crime but not much really. I here tell of a few tweakers around. Lot's of Californians moving in now and it's hard to find a place, but nice places are around. Lots of old folks that die and places come open.

But Alaska ain't done with me yet. Got a date with a Griz Bear in early May.

#45 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

http://www.chicagotr...0321-story.html  not the best article , after all it is an anti news paper  

hey ropes , guess  you can thank republicans now . they reversed a democrat law and after thump signs it states can regulate their own hunting on game refuges . 

#46 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

That was bassically a predator controll issue .... the manage for abundance policy. When an area goes into "Intensive Management" various rules can apply. Like killing Wolf pups or Bear cubs in den, aerial gunning ... the Feds didn't want that happening on National Park type lands. Didn't have much to do with hunting really.

Part of my area has been under "Intensive Management" for a few years ... Non-resident hunters do not have to buy a tag for Wolf. The ADF&G came in with pro-trappers / hunters and killed all the wolves on a good size island. For Deer management. No guide can guide Deer in that area.

Just a feel good law that really don't mean that much either way.

#47 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

sitting up here in fortuna visiting mom for her 87th birthday , i decided to get gun safety test . its required here now to buy any gun .  I PASSED 

took it at gun shop in rio dell , 30 miles south of eureka . best gun shop in norcal as far as im concerned . 

also found out that i WILL NOT  need to register my M1 carbine as an assault weapon by jan. 1 ,2018 . new law reads any center fire rifle that can accept a magazine BUT it says including other features . folding stock or pistol grip . store is also selling M1 carbines so its not on new weapons reclasifacation of assault weapons .

oh well , i know what i want to say but my fingers are drunk enough they wont type correct 

#48 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

calif. assembly bill AB521 just passed committee vote , now goes to another committee before full assembly vote .

its a democrap bill 

and if it passes all the way thru and arsehole brown signs it 

it will reduce resident elk tags from 450 $ all the way down to 67$ and no increase in price allowed 

#49 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

https://www.american...u-could-win-it/  for  NRA  members , maybe anyone 

i will enter contest later , have till feb 2018 

#50 maddog

maddog

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing thats all there is !!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hey ropes he is not BSing you I live in kelseyville in lake county and its labamba music here with the boom boom boom and meth and pot in my trailor park, I just started my calvet loan with my double income plus wifes just waiting anyday for the call back for how much I'm getting then look for my new home far away from this trailor park but I'm still staying in lake county as I love this lake for fishing.

MADDOG RULES LOL and Make the first shot count,Blacktail Identification expert LOL and population control professionalist LOL

#51 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

last time i tried cal vet loan it was a 6 month wait once i found a house and the builder said no . i was lucky on that one cause 1 year later the house vanished in mud slide above a golf coarse in cobb 

im trying VA loan first now . they say its faster 

and i wont fish in clearlake with all the health warnings on fish and licenses , tackle and bait cost way too much for catch & release .

i will fish up north in siskiyou county  , love the trout .and the lakes up there you can see 30-50 feet deep and still see the bottom 

#52 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

well ... I'm on my way back to Alaska on Saturday. Got a Brown Bear hunt to do and then kill some Halibut. Then it will be fall for a Mt Goat, Black Bear & Blacktail hunts. I got some guide partners so I just kinda try to stay out of the way on the hunts.

Sure has been a wet winter and spring here on the coast. I was hoping for some nicer days.

Hope you guys got some fun in the sun action planned.

And hope your Vet loans go thru quick and things work out better.

#53 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

bear liver is mighty tasty 

and i only had  BBQd halibut once but i remember it was fish , i dont eat fish . tasty though 

have fun killing , ropes and eating 

still raining here , will be for most of the next 10 days the forecast says , pup growing gills 

#54 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

according to calif. fish & wildlife online , you can now purchase 2017 hunt license and tags at their website 

i just looked and could have bought them 

but no big game digest yet or new proposed reg. changes that i can find and i been looking all thru their web site the last week or so 

#55 Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

Hey BBH, a little bird told me the digest is almost here. I passed through your town on the way to the Mendocino County Blacktail Association dinner in Ukiah. Lake is still pretty damn high.

Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#56 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

should have seen the lake last month when it was 2 feet above flood stage 

#57 Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

I seen your pics. Scary looking.

Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#58 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

should have seen it in 98 when it was 5 feet over flood . 

i just ordered my backup rifle lead free ammo from midway usa 

they finally had my 7x57 mauser 

also got 9mm lugar 115 grain hollow point lead free 

both are california approved 

#59 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

took pup for a run at cache creek wildlife area this morn and just up from hwy 20/53 intersection i saw mountain lion cross the road . pulled over 100 yards or so on other side at first pull out , grabbed camera and waited hoping to see it . but as normal , nothing . it either ran like crazy out of the grassy area or laid down and watched me and waited for me to leave . i waited 5 minutes before continuing to wildlife area . 

that makes about the 5th one ive seen since i been taking pup out there to run over the last 4 1/2 years . and so far , all been camera shy 

#60 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Should have said you were going, I'd have met you there and gave you that neck roast.

Been hunting now for 18 years and still have not seen one. Maybe once at night up at lower Klamath refuge. Just couldn't be positive that's what it was but I had never seen an eye shine in headlights like that before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users