3 replies to this topic

#1 Blacktail Slayer

Blacktail Slayer

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Couple blacktails I was hunting but now living down in SoCal.  Trying to figure out what to do this year with hunting CA and OR.

"Hunting has many gradations and varieties and, in the end, is a highly personal experience. There is no distinction among hunters. We should not dare to create one.” Shane Mahoney

#2 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Quality bucks there

#3 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

them some nice bucks 

seen things like that running away at 200 - 400 yards 

good luck finding a place in ca.

down south is hampered by fire closures and draw zones and mostly mule deer 

most on here are in  A-B andC zone for black tail 

i always have an open invitation for anyone to join me in C1 east of Yreka , just south of oregon border and north of mt shasta .  season is mid sept. till mid oct. 

camping can be tent or up to 30 foot trailer in my camp spot . but C zone is also a draw 

i usually only road hunt now cause im by myself and hard to drag them bucks long distance but i love hiking .

options are always a good thing 

#4 Blacktail Slayer

Blacktail Slayer

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how tags and drawing go.  My plan is to put in for A30-Covelo as 1st choice and B-tag as 2nd choice.  Then get an AO tag as my second deer tag.  I'm wanting to hunt D-12 with the AO tag.  I know it is a big zone/unit with few deer but the potential is always there for a big mule deer buck.  D-12 wouldn't be so bad for weekend scouting or hunting trips as well for me.  Looking at the Yolla Bolly Wilderness along with a few non-wilderness spots close to Covelo for B-zone hunt.  I really appreciate the offer BBH.

"Hunting has many gradations and varieties and, in the end, is a highly personal experience. There is no distinction among hunters. We should not dare to create one.” Shane Mahoney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users