My sons first bear

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ripper

Ripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Hunting the high country!with my boys teachng them to be skilled woodsmen and to respect the animals and the land for its future.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

[IMG]http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac109/1rip/bears09002.jpg[/IMG] My son has been trying to get a bar for a few years now ,but he works weekends so we dont get to hunt together much.We made it happen on Sept 12th this year a dat after his 20th birthday.Theres a high hanging valley ive hunted since i was his age but hadnt hunted in a few years and he has never been there with me but heard the hunting stories when my hunting partners and i talk about it he wants to see it bad.so after his birthday dinner the night before i pick him up at 4:30am and we drive up park on a jeep road start hiking up about 3 hours its steep and rough country. we pop upon the ridge and are looking in my"bear hole" isnt long and theres a bear about 200yards out feeding in the berries so we set up man is he excited the look on his face when i told him to wait a while was pricless he want to shoot right then i explained it looked like a sow we had to watch for cubs.about 35 minutes later i was sure no little ones around ask him if he wanted to wait i think its a sow smaller head again he looked at me like i was crazy he shoots good shot bear down im glassing his bear ,he says dad theres another bear my hearts sinks i think i messed up and let him shoot a mom but i put the glasses on it big head had to be a boar pick up my rifleits about 150 yards from where his bear is shoot two bears down!I think man what have you done two bears down 3 hrs fron the rig.For his first bear what a trooper showed him how to cape and bone out the bears with heavy packs headed out high fives and hugs when we got back to the rig late what a day i will never forget because my oldest son was with me!
hunting the high country

#2 Ripper

Ripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Hunting the high country!with my boys teachng them to be skilled woodsmen and to respect the animals and the land for its future.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:37 AM

more pics
hunting the high country

#3 the_realtor

the_realtor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

Greats story man... Must be a great feeling to share that with your son. I cant wait for the day when I share a moment like that with my sons... Congrats on a couple great lookin bears.. You should put this story on the main forum.....
Fishing-torn-Hunting
->>>Ol Green forever------->

#4 Ripper

Ripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

Im pretty new i thought that was for deer only?
hunting the high country

#5 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Very cool! What a priceless memory. And what great photos. That first one is absolutely fantastic!!
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#6 Ripper

Ripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

Thank you yeah it was great being with my boy what a day!
hunting the high country

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users