WELCOME TO THE NEW BTC FORUM.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 buckchaser

buckchaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Country, Free Enterprise, Hunting Blacktails, Chess, Camping.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hey, I finally found my way over here. Thanks Dan for the new site. I will check it all out over the next few days.
1 Corinthians 2:2

#42 -BS

-BS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hey the new site looks great! Thanks Dan and anyone else who helped put it up. I'll have to play around and see whats new.

#43 FoodPlot Sprout

FoodPlot Sprout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:fishing, hunting, writeing, and being outdoors

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

this is alsome
Its not the size that counts....but it sure dosent hurt.

#44 Dan BTC

Dan BTC

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Thanks again everyone. I'm really glad to hear all the positive feedback on the new board.

Jason4429 wrote
I love the story about your dad thanks for sharing.I also love the music . Dan did you pick out the songs on the playlist . I enjoyed every one of them

Yes, they are all songs that I picked. It was a lot of fun setting up the playlists. Some of the songs I hadn't heard for years. Whats really amazing is how song lyrics stick in your head. Even though I hadn't heard many of the songs for years, I rememberd most of the words.

Dan

#45 illeagle

illeagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

New forum is way better, thanks.

I LOVE HOT WOMEN and COLD BEER!!

#46 tag

tag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Dan,
I am back, mainly lurking as always. Lost touch for a while, so I am happy to see the board is still running strong.

Terry

#47 Monsterbull

Monsterbull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

Just found my way over to this sight. Glad to be here.

Just as a way of introduction, I hail from way up in Northern California (born & raised in McCloud) and now live in the Bay Area. Hunted blacktails since I could shoot and killed many a buck over the years, all with the rifle (Remington Model 700 BDL 6mm). Been chasing them around with archery gear for several years but have yet to take the air out of one; several elk and a couple of bears, but Mister Blacktail is next on my list. Heading up to try my luck with a Covelo Late Season Archery tag in my pocket with my friend 2rocky....fingers crossed......along with my rattling horns, grunt call, ground blind, and doe in estrous scent.
Wackem Trackem Packem

#48 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

Just wonted to say hello to all been gone for a while and have things changed looks good. No hunting this year next year though. Any way wonted to say hello and hope every one is doning ok this year. T

#49 Ducknutz

Ducknutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hello All....Great site, I found my way over to this site via a member from this site on another site(JHO forum).
Anyways,I was born and raised in the Sacto Valley and hunting blacktail since I was twelve in the sierras and along the B zones West of I-5.I love the challenge of Blacktail hunting and wish I had more time these days to do more of it.
This season hunting plans are instate only since we didn't pull any of our out of state tags.Oh well,theres always next year,but we did get G37 Anderson flat late season tags this year with max points.We will be putting all of our time towards making this hunt as successful as possible.And if anyone has had this tag or any info...it would be greatly appreciated if they wanted to share anything.Hopefully we will have a great hunt and some input for others that draw later,since we won't draw it again for another 15 years.....Thanks Ron

#50 mellow dog

mellow dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Hi! I'm mellow dog's wife. Jus trying to get him started. Computer and him need time to process. Thanks for the welcome.

QUOTE (Dan BTC @ Jul 18 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the New BTC Forum

The new board is finally up and running!. There are still some issues I need to get worked out but I figured I could do that while everyone gets familiar with the numerous new features. Because of these, it can be a little overwhelming at first but it gets much easier after a few posts. I'm sure some of you probably liked the old board better but I hope that will change with time. The main reasons I switched from the old board was because of the often inappropriate advertising. The old board was a free board so I had no control of the ad's. On the new board I guarantee there will be no such advertising. I apologize for the inconvenience it will cause members having to re-register but the free board once again left me no choice. Posts and accounts could not be transferred. I do however plan on keeping the old board around as an archive once the new board gets some posts on it. At that time it will no longer be able to be posted on, only viewed. I also plan on resetting members post counts to match their current numbers. Even though it will be time consuming, I think it's an important part of the board and worth the effort.

I'm sure everyone has noticed the new look of the board. The reason for the big change in appearance is because I wanted everyone to recognize, at a glance, that some major changes have taken place on BTC.

For those who are wondering who the person is in the new header, its my dad. I figure he earned a place at the top of BTC because without his influence none of us would be here right now. Even though my dad died when I was very young his love of hunting and the outdoors, as well as his admiration for the Blacktail deer, were passed on to me and my brother Dave. Dave and I have spent a lot of time sitting in the hills talking about my Dad and the huge influence he had on us in the short time we had to spend with him. I can't imagine how different our lives would be without his influence.

My Dad grew up on a farm in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. At the time there were no deer in the area so pheasant hunting and trapping were his passions. I still have the old 22.cal Stevens Crackshot he bought from a Sears catalog for $4.00, when he was 9 years old with the proceeds of a winter trap-line. He gave the rifle to me on my tenth birthday. I wish I could say I still had the gun but unfortunately I don't, although I hope to get it back someday.

When my dad was 17 he moved to Northern California and fell in love with deer hunting. When I was a kid he would take my brothers and I Blacktail hunting in the hills behind our house, and on regular trips into north eastern California Mule deer hunting. He also did some Mule deer hunting in Idaho and I was lucky enough to go with him once shortly before he passed away. Even though I never killed a deer while hunting with my dad (although he got a few) those times are some of my fondest memories as are the times we spent pheasant hunting, dove hunting and trout fishing in the little creeks that ran though the hills near our house.

At one time my brother Dave and I even ran my own trap-line, with his help of course, because he wanted me to learn from the hard work and responsibility he knew it would bring with it. While walking the trap-line I carried the little brake down, falling block, Stevens Crackshot that he had also carried as a boy 40 years earlier. The little rifle was also known as his "in season out, of season" gun. The world was a different place in those days and that little rifle put a lot of Blacktail meat on our plates. My dad didn't care much about horns but we eat every scrap of the deer he killed with it.

My dad passed away unexpectedly on Thanksgiving day when I was 13 years old. Since I was so young it took a lot of years to get over the loss, in fact in a lot of ways I still haven't. But I guess that's just how it goes when you lose a father.

The reason I am bringing all of this up is because I wanted everyone to know the real reason BTC exists. When I look at the board I see people like my dad every where. I'm sure if my dad were still around he would be posting right along with the rest of us. He loved nothing more than to sit around a campfire and talk about huntin' just like those of us who now exchange stories on the board. Even more significantly I see the same importance that he placed on family and friends, repeated time, and time again and that's what makes the board so special to me.
I hope you enjoy the new board.

Thanks for listening, Dan

#51 Lefty15

Lefty15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thanks Dan for a great forum. This is my first reply. Great story about your Dad and the memories. There is something very special about the outdoors that needs to be passed on (and dads have a great way of doing this). It is the greatest thing my Dad introduced me to. Good luck to all this season!

#52 savageman110

savageman110

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Hunting with Family, Leatherwork

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

New here, just wanted to say hey. Looking forward to getting to talk to guys that know.

Rick
Self's CCW Gun Belts
The Maker of Custom CCW Gun Belts
916-721-4676

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users