#1 Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

https://nrm.dfg.ca.g...cumentID=121565

Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#2 5x5

5x5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:30 AM

WT*.. $21.60 Deer Harvest Non-Reporting Fee. now I have to report NOT shooting a deer or get fined.. I know at lest half my buddys that will forget to do that and will be buying a deer tag next year for $50+ $...CDFW will be making some $$ on that one. **** that!

#3 Knokemdead

Knokemdead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

Nothing like having to face your failures in life but having to pay up if you don't?.....freakin brutal!

I'm sure it's totally in the name of wildlife management!!

You all agree?

#4 goindeep

goindeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

Well, if everybody had voluntarily submitted their harvest reports it wouldn't be an issue but participation was very low. They had to do something to get an accurate count of how many deer are being harvested. Many other states have a similar program, its nothing new and its easy to do. So I'd say yes, it is in the name of management.

#5 beaverstate23

beaverstate23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

The state of Oregon non-report fee is $25 implemented a few years ago. We also just experienced an hike in license and tag fees this year and in the name of management and conservation, ODFW has printed it's 2016 game laws on a new shiny color magazine format as opposed to the old pulp newspaper print it once came on. Maybe they got a good deal??

#6 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

been turning in my unused bear tag for years so it was nothing new for unused deer tag 

still suks and all that extra money goes to gerry browns pocket anyway and pays for more anti-hunting anti-gun legislation 

#7 Knokemdead

Knokemdead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

BBH....I more appreciate your view on the matter. I find it hard to believe the extra money will not end up siphoned into some other Cal gov venture. I guess I've always just viewed it as a tag not validated was simply unsuccessful.

#8 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

https://www.wildlife...ition/Certified   for those in calif. buying non-lead bullets for testing , this is the approved list from fish & game 

the 2 i bought , one from walmart and one from midway are both approved . click each brand and they have assortment of calibers and kinds of ammo for most rifles 

#9 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:39 PM

BBH....I more appreciate your view on the matter. I find it hard to believe the extra money will not end up siphoned into some other Cal gov venture. I guess I've always just viewed it as a tag not validated was simply unsuccessful.

if the state paid pack the money it stole from fish & wildlife , it be in the billions of dollars 

cant remember the bills signed that states the money for F& G stays there and never to be used outside of fish and game , think a few rules / bills say that but none of the money borrowed by democraps ever been returned yet 

#10 Knokemdead

Knokemdead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the approval posting, BBH.

#11 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the approval posting, BBH.

i dont trust my store here to have approved ammo , its walmart 

no other store in town 

so it might take a couple visits checking bullet info with approved list before i buy 

midwayusa  online has lots of copper but lots of that not approved in calif. 

fish & wildlife says they approving more and more each month but i really dont see changes over the last couple years unless its just calibers on existing ammo manufactures

#12 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

i looked thru every bullet manufacture and only 1 has the  calibers i need 

i dont reload so need full  ready to go ammo 

i need ammo for 7x57 , 140 gr ;  250-3000 savage 100 gr ;  30 carbine 110 gr ; 22 long rifle , 9 mm luger and 357 mag 

only found 1 that has all those . and it suks cause it be over 400$ for a box of each and all boxes only 20 rounds even 22s 

it really suks cause im thinking i only have at the most 10 years hunting left in this body . i'd sure hate to be just starting out hunting and 20 someodd years old and then see whats its gonna cost me 

already have ammo for my 7mm mag 

#13 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

fish & wildlife website now says 2016-17 hunting license and tags available online . i just went there a minute before i posted this and its TRUE 

i could have bought both 

#14 maddog

maddog

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing thats all there is !!!!!!!!!!

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

from what i understand on the bullets is right now its only required if your hunting fish and game lands such as wetlands refuges for birds and where the condor lives but come 2019 it will become state wide as far as turning tags in I did this last season so no extra fee for me unless the mail lost them lol

MADDOG RULES LOL and Make the first shot count,Blacktail Identification expert LOL and population control professionalist LOL

#15 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:01 PM

maddog 

if you hunt any wildlife area like cache creek or indian valley or any ecological reserve AND any upland game bird ( not quail or dove )  and any small game or furbearing mammals with shotgun , then its non-lead only . there are lots that require non-lead all over the state and our local area 

#16 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

and also 

fish & wildlife are not saying what animals will require non - lead next year , only saying it will be all phased in and required by 2019 

what if next year they say A , B , C ZONES need non-lead or bear will require non-lead 

i want to be prepared and not want to search the world over to find a box or 4 

there are very few companies with california approved non-lead 

out of all the manufactures that make 250-3000 savage ammo , only 1 has calif. approved and no store has them for sale . online sales only for that one company 

i suggest anyone hunting now to get at least 1 box non-lead any way you can . next year calif. legislature could ban all online sales 

#17 blackfish

blackfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

yeah this Non lead thing is a bummer! I found Lapua Naturals bullets for the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, but they were JUST discontinued by Lapua!!

So I am buying all I can find!  :blink:

Classic California to change a law without ANY effort or fore-thought put into the process!

I bought my tags, put in for the draws and preferences pointed the Elk tag. 

Put in for X zone draws with a B zone backup and also got a D8 tag for the first time because a friend of mine from San Diego would like to tag along.

But between buying up the copper bullets, powder, brass, dies/seater dies, shell seats, primers and having to get them mailed to the afore-mentioned San Diego friend (No Online Ammo or reloading supplies allowed into LA City) and paying for the tags/draws......

this is too expensive to be eating tag soup anymore! I gotta make this count!  :D

I still have to get non toxic/non lead loads for both the 12ga. and 16ga. 

The 16ga. is a turn of the century SxS.....only shoots 2 1/2" loads......hard enough to find in lead loads.....found one company RST Shotshells that make the 2 1/2" BUT they are outta stock on the non toxic and ONLY make them in 7 1/2 sized loads....ok for Quail but I like 6s for grouse......but beggars and choosers and all.

The 12ga. is a 1954 Superposed....it is my pheasant gun (maybe the new grouse gun!)......shoots 1 oz. loads......again RST is the only vendor I have found and they are outta stock!

All in all I was like a kid on christmas when the tags became available! Good hunting all!

#18 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

my walmart has lots of 12 gauge steel and almost getting cheaper all the time and at times seen 16 gauge but i dont look at shot gun very often cause i have about 10 boxes shells already in steel . been duck hunting all my life and really stocked up when prices started shooting up . and yep , this year if you use shotgun for grouse you need non-lead or if you use it for squirrel or rabbit or other non game animals like coyote . thats shot gun , can still use lead in rifles for those in most areas. 

i use remington 870 express 3" mag pump . it accepts 2 3/4 and 3 inch mag 

had 16 and 20 gauge but my older brother got them taken away a couple years ago and the state melted them along with 10 other collector guns worth over 30,000$ he was detained as crazy person and courts would not let any of us get them back . stinking liberal non american judges 

#19 Kirk

Kirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

California may kiss my Rebel butt and then some. Show us one scenario of California improving our extinct deer herd. Did anyone notice that the A zone north unit goes right on down through the center of the state? But is parallel with the so called Non lead condor range. The biologists just must figure that condors know the zones to the east and west sides of the state but not the center. This is all about gun control and people control. The fact that they added the verbage of "Any" weapon used that "Can" fire the illegal bullets is so they can confiscate the guns. Just blatant communism is all it is. They can call it environmental all they want but anyone with a brain knows what's up.

#20 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

yep , only 3 ways to get rid of the commie democrap legislators 

1. leave and move to another state

2. vote them out but the calif. system is designed to help democraps not republican 

or 3. wait till the terrorists nuke LA and san fran , then we can take whats left of our state back 

i strongly suggest # 2 first 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users