• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 applegatecontractor

applegatecontractor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

Dude man, good show meatbuck! I like the new spin on the contest. Im curious about entering my wife, who seems to be a buck slayer lately, or my son who is 9 and eligible for the mentored youth hunt in oregon. Minor details it seems like. Hey I have an idea, if there is too much hating toward your reasonable age split, maybe we could divide the total number of antler points by the total number of contestants, respective to the old farts and youngins? Then compare the average antler points to hunter ratio. I can help with the math ;)

Maybe a registered user can post their immediate family in the contest?

Dont shut this down, it will offer many more stories and posts from those members that have missed the contest sign ups in the past.

And furthermore I wouldn't quit because of ignorance on the behalf of others, this is a NEW style buckoff, that you are pioneering, don't give up.

Been following the SOCHI winter olympics. Still haven't seen the late season blacktail hunt…... :wacko:

#22 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Applegate...I'd say get them registered on the site before their hunt starts... That way they can enter their kill in the contest as well as add new members to the site.

I've done some thinking about the age thing and I'm just going to set the mean age to 35, it's about the average split in past contests.

Also I wasn't aware of the youth hunt age in Oregon so I will set that to age 9.

Thanks for your suggestions and support.

#23 Willy

Willy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Should'nt have to register your wife and kids to the site for them to be enter contest ! We have always have been able to state name and age and was good togo!

If you would really look and see how the contest has been ran from the beginning you wouldn't have everybody questioning on the rules! Pretty simple before name ,age , where you were hunting. Then dived the teams in half. But I guess that would be to easy.

#24 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

It will bring more people and hopefully more life to this website...

Things are this way because no one set up the contest for two years and deer season already started this year when I set it up. Its pretty simple to understand the changes and the reason behind them if you read the thread carefully.

#25 Rod

Rod

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Should'nt have to register your wife and kids to the site for them to be enter contest ! We have always have been able to state name and age and was good togo!

If you would really look and see how the contest has been ran from the beginning you wouldn't have everybody questioning on the rules! Pretty simple before name ,age , where you were hunting. Then dived the teams in half. But I guess that would be to easy.

Rules change.  I think that's OK.  No one (self,wife,kids) is 'registered'.  They sign up by somebody posting their kill photo w/ info. The reason dividing the teams in half is not easy:  It can't be done without preregistration, or waiting till all of the seasons are over to see what team you are on. Technical preregistration violations caused most of the controversy in past contests.  Waiting till all seasons are over (early 2017) means people will lose interest in the "contest" aspect and never find out how it turned out - and, no running point totals could be followed during the season because you would not know which team gets harvest "points" in cases where the hunter's age is near the cut line.  

I believe the new rules are a simplification; they limit controversy; they encourage more participation; and they take the spotlight off of hunters who did not fill a tag.  I look forward to seeing the Blacktails and hearing the stories.

Attached Files

New ideas don't take hold because people become convinced of them, they take hold because the people believing the old stuff die.

#26 Rod

Rod

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

Mist

Attached Files

New ideas don't take hold because people become convinced of them, they take hold because the people believing the old stuff die.

#27 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Cool pics... Those recent?

#28 Rod

Rod

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

No, they are 3 or 4 years old.  All of my current stuff is videos, which don't post here easily.

#29 Bill

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

I am in

Bill

A and C zone

#30 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

Bill... Read or reread the rules bud. Things have changed.

(I feel like a sheep herder here, trying to get folks to stop following the guy before them.)

#31 Bill

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

ok will read the rules   

#32 applegatecontractor

applegatecontractor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Went out scouting today with my wife and two youngest children. Been hot here and didn't expect to see much for early evening. Two does… Better than nothing! Oh and one ring tailed squirrel, pretty neat looking for a grey squirrel. Back to the topic tho buddy, meatbuck, lets add immediate family in with the "registered user" list. Way more practical than putting the mods thru registering every immediate family member of all the users on here that are game enough to follow this years rules. Im going to participate this year, as long as luck is in my corner, but I would like to be able to add to the contest easily with family members success. Lets make participation a priority and see it thru during this contest. The easier it is for us too include successful hunters, the better it will be for this site. Just a suggestion, your call

Been following the SOCHI winter olympics. Still haven't seen the late season blacktail hunt…... :wacko:

#33 Willy

Willy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Why you beating the horse Rod? I see where applegate is coming from ! There should be no reason that every family member

has to be registered to the site! In order for their " picture of the hunt" allows them to be in the contest !

#34 Rod

Rod

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Because no one is registered to hunt.  There is no registration.  "Registration" "happens" when you post your harvest picture with info.

#35 applegatecontractor

applegatecontractor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Nope, Rod ,in my opinion you are wrong good sir. Take  no offense, but the contest organizers last words in regards to my inquiry were "Applegate...I'd say get them registered on the site before their hunt starts... That way they can enter their kill in the contest as well as add new members to the site"

​NEW MEMBERS TO THE SITE…. Being the key words, as well as REGISTERED ON THE SITE

My interpretation of the organizers rules and things he (meatbuck) has said, lead me to believe that only members of this site can post their successful hunt, thereby eliminating any immediate family from being part of the contest, UNLESS they, the immediate family, join BTC as members.

But what do I know, I am a carpenter not a lawyer, just trying to make sense of this and address some gaping holes in the system that I see before it becomes a fluster cluck. I very well may be wrong, and if so I apologize in advance for wasting time and space on this board.

#36 Rod

Rod

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

I totally see what you are saying.  I have been a member so long, I think I was grandfathered in.  Like in the old days, maybe all it took to be a member was to post on the site. I can't recall. (Another age-related issue?) Anyway, I am convinced that yours is the more likely interpretation (lawyer or not), and I will delete my beaten horse if that action is available to me.

Kinda like that gif, tho :-)

#37 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

Here ya go boys... Fire away

http://blacktailcoun...?showtopic=5722

#38 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

Dropped a decent a-zone forkie lastnight... He was chasing a doe. When I figure out how to upload pics I will start the "Buck Board" off for 2016 with 4pts for the youngins... For now I've got to break him down and get quarters in the fridge. More story and (hopefully)pics to come. (Warning I may look slightly deranged in the pics, it was really late(early) when we got him extracted.)

Attached File  raw-1~2~2.jpg   86.34KB   1 downloads

#39 maddog

maddog

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing thats all there is !!!!!!!!!!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

I'm in 54 B-zone

MADDOG RULES LOL and Make the first shot count,Blacktail Identification expert LOL and population control professionalist LOL

#40 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

Maddog please be sure to read the new rules as things are a bit different this year. Good luck this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users