Photo

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

its 2018 february 3 at 11 am  and its 80 on my front porch in clearlake . 

its the last year of hunting with lead ammo in most of kalifornia . starting jan. 1 2019 it will only be non-lead ammo for hunting . must be kalifornia approved non-lead so its not just anything you find . kalifornia approved is less than 1/3 of non-lead ammo out there . they say reloaders can still order online all the parts to reload , but all ammo online purchases are now banned . hope yall got yours , i got mine online last year . now you people that carry a pistol while hunting , dont forget to get your non-lead pistol ammo for when your hunting otherwise you could get a ticket . center fire pistols capable of killing game will also be required non-lead ammo  in the pistol when your hunting as your not allowed to possess lead ammo in any form while hunting . 

there are very few proposed anti gun or hunting laws for this year , they are saving them for front runner gavin newsom when that anti is elected . he already saying he wants to propose an all lead ammo ban in his first year and to get all previously un registered guns registered. and if the vote gives them dems another super majority as its been the last 7 years it will happen . 

so all you kalifornia hunters get out there and go hunting . 

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

http://kymkemp.com/2...-and-full-moon/   this is a news blog i watch . they mostly dope growing pot heads but every now and then have a few great pics on there . most of these pics are northwestern calif on mostly private  NO HUNTING property 

#3 iseebucks

iseebucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

How do you think this weather is going to impact horn growth and fawn survival this year in CA?

I didn't know about the potential all lead ammo ban. If that happens than I am moving out of this State.

#4 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

howdy iseebucks 

drought years didnt slow horn growth much , usually enough new browse for them as they move back to summer areas and this year up north anyway had some good rain  but not much lately . and fawn survival  is always hard to tell till after spring heard count completed in early april . but i will say predators are out lots more than normal this year , lots more cats being seen and that means they spreading out more and in search of food .

lead ammo ban is already in affect in many places in calif . wildlife areas , all fish & wildlife lands and ecological  preserves . 

https://www.wildlife...lead-Ammunition  this link has lead ammo banned hunting areas 

https://www.wildlife...ition/Certified   this link has calif. certified ammo list , double check ammo when buying at stores , i already seen some stores selling things that not on approved list

#5 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

How do you think this weather is going to impact horn growth and fawn survival this year in CA?

I didn't know about the potential all lead ammo ban. If that happens than I am moving out of this State.

Where ya movin to?

#6 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

only place he can move where they dont care to follow regs is south carolina or florida . neither have a validation check system . and another guy on another chat says in his 60 years of hunting , never seen a warden in the field . 

#7 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

too quiet on here 

so 

in a couple weeks , at end of march when i visit mom in eureka ca for her 88th birthday , im going to try my best to get a new truck . 

my truck is a 2003 and almost 100k miles . time for a new one 

ive had ford and  GMC and chevy , now its time for a RAM 

looked at all the online pricing specials at dealers in eureka and dodge beats the others hands down  for 4x4 , 4door , 6'6 bed 

what yall think , are the new dodge ram worth it ???????  

i wont ever buy a yoyo , im an american 

#8 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

Toyota's are made in the USA.... America.

If you get a ram, it better have a Cummins under the hood.

#9 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

profits from yoyo go back to japan , they killed my uncle and crippled another , i cannot and will not support them buying a truck . hard enough buying anything else . 

chevy and ford profits stay in the  U.S. and RAM  trucks profits stay in the  U.S. . all other dodge products the profits go to fiat in europe . 

they all made here using foreign country parts . made / assembled here to avoid tariffs . 

and wont be diesel , dont need that and dont want to pay .50-.75 cents a gallon more for fuel . dont like the motor noise anyway 

#10 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

buying new ram 4x4 Friday mar. 30 

after I get home from moms birthday I will post a pic or 2 

its almost too Purdy to take deer hunting up in the mud and snow and maybe drag a bleeding bear or deer in the bed

#11 Roadkill

Roadkill

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Killing a damn blacktail

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Just bought a new one a few days ago. Got the 6.4 Hemi, wasn't going to buck up the extra 8 grand for the Cummins. Second Dodge I've owned, so far I am very happy with themAttached File  IMG_5648.JPG   31.75KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5647.JPG   91.8KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5649.JPG   102.13KB   0 downloads
The harder you hunt, the luckier you will get.

#12 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

thats good to know roadkill , this is my first ram . 

https://www.lithiaeureka.com/new/Ram/2018-Ram-1500-eureka-ca-dd7563230a0e0ae97ec0c910b3c79525.htm 

this is the one I'm buying .  not quite the off road 4x4 I'm used to but ten I don't go rambling around in the mountains like the  kid I used to be 

#13 Roadkill

Roadkill

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Killing a damn blacktail

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Pic would not pull up for me, be sure and post a picture when you buy it.
My first Ram had the 5.7 ltr and I thought it had a lot of power, but this new one with the 6.4 is kick ass! Plus it will push 19 mpg on the highway, rolled mine over the truck scales the other day and with a full tank of gas and that heavy ass canopy on it weighed in at 8,100 lbs. so the moral of this story is don't get stuck, cuz a Jeep ain't going to pull you out
The harder you hunt, the luckier you will get.

#14 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

taking a couple pics today now that sun came out . after I get home I will get em on puter and post a couple . 

#15 Knokemdead

Knokemdead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

Smokey and the Bandit were my favorite movies back in the day!

#16 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

since i bought the truck in above link i posted , link dont werk no mo so here is a couple pics in my ugly yard . 

CHROME is shiny still . hasnt had time to collect clearlake dust 

RAM 1500 4X4 QUAD CAB HARVEST  

5.7 hemi and stinking screen in middle of dash that im still reading manual to try to figure out how it werks . 

not quite the hunting rig but most of my driving is on blacktop . and im getting old enough i dont go play in them thar mountains like i used to. it will still get me on 90 % of the roads i go on at deer camp 

Attached Files

#17 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

just got calif. big game hunting digest 2018

bigest change 

B ZONE is now a restricted hunt zone . means only one tag , no second tags if you used your first choice tag for b zone or if you have premium drawing tag or other restricted zone tags 

#18 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Got mine this morning. Stoked

#19 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

for you calif. piggy hunters , there has been a bill introduced in early march to lower pig tag prices . 

AB 2805 , if approved , will eliminate the 22 $ tag per pig and instead  require a 15 $  fee  per year for pig hunting with no limit .

says pig is not native to calif. and should be treated as invading species and eliminated 

#20 Blacktail Slayer

Blacktail Slayer

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

I like how Oregon has down things when it comes to pigs.  Only need a Hunting License and not tag needed.  You can hunt pigs all year and shoot as many as you want in Oregon and it it illegal to make any money on pigs hunts such as guiding....  CA should follow OR.

"Hunting has many gradations and varieties and, in the end, is a highly personal experience. There is no distinction among hunters. We should not dare to create one.” Shane Mahoney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users