JESUS, The Formed GOD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Light Caster

Light Caster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, fishing, hunting, shooting, Bible conversation, Bible study

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

JESUS, The Formed GOD

In a drop of water there thrives a mini-metropolis of unicellular life forms. They have no clue that their drop of water is just one of millions of drops that make up a three foot diameter puddle. This three foot wide puddle is sustaining a whole other ecological level of multicellular life forms. These multicellular creatures have no idea their puddle is merely a small slew attached to a pond. In the pond there are invertebrates and vertebrates that don't know there is a puddle; nor are they cognizant of the fact that there is a whole different kind of ecology with air breathing life forms just beyond the bounds of the surface of pond.

In the topsoil of the field that surrounds the pond, there are unicellular life forms constantly decomposing and converting dead animal and plant matter into more topsoil. More vegetation will flourish there. Running around in the vegetation of the field is a multiplicity of insects and arachnids. These insects and arachnids are not aware that there is a multiplicity of flying creatures soaring above them on currents of air; air that keeps them alive. Some are insects, some are birds, some are mammals. (The Bible and the fossil record indicate that there were flying reptiles that used to fly in the air above the field and the pond. Further, the fossil record indicates that there were also flying dinosaurs.) Some of these flying creatures are aware of the animals, such as mice and toads and snakes that live in the field. The mice and the toads are not aware of us humans living at the edge of the field that surrounds the pond.

We humans are not aware of, nor could we begin to fathom, all that God has created inside, and outside, of (what we think is) our fifteen billion light year wide drop. How can we comprehend such a Being as the Infinite Creator, unless He greatly humbles His awesome and magnificent Self and reveals Himself to us in such a way that we finite creatures with extremely limited and deficient intellects will accept?
The Scripture teaches us who will learn that just to look on the earth The Creator has to humble Himself! (Psalm 113:6) As we go further we find another Scripture showing us that He "emptied Himself" when He took on the form of a man. (Philippians 2:7) Even in His humble emptied state He displayed the powers that we mortals view with awe. The arrogant or the envious did not accept the Creator when He humbled Himself and came to earth and visited His own. Could we say that the Jews were His own (John 1:11, John 7:5)? After all, He was born into a Jewish family. He was reared under the Law of Moses (Matthew 5:17). Or would we be guilty of racism if we did not include all of mankind (Acts 17:26, Romans 3:22-23)? The arrogant and the envious, both Jews and Gentiles, do not accept the Creator today.

The Old Testament begins by informing us God created time, space and matter. Much later, in the beginning of the Gospel of John, The New Testament introduces the Creator. John, by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us that the Creator is the Word of God; and The God of the Word, the Monotheistic God, by definition is eternal. Isaiah 43:11-13 says,

"'I, even I, am the LORD; and there is no savior besides Me. It is I Who have declared and saved and proclaimed, and there was no strange god among you; so you are My witnesses,' declares the LORD, 'and I am God. Even from eternity I am He; and there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?'"
Therefore we conclude that the Word is eternal. Jesus, The Man, came later.

“Heresy!” Do I hear some readers shouting quietly in their minds or maybe even loudly at this page, “This heretic is teaching heresy!”?
Let’s continue and learn what God’s Word has to say about this Jesus and the Word. John 1:14 declares, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..." It does not say, "The Word was eternally flesh and at the right time came to dwell among men." We discover the Word became flesh; as a Son "full of Grace and Truth."(John 1:14) The Person Whom the Word became claimed, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."(John 14:6) Romans 5:6 plainly states that Jesus Christ died at the right time, but He was crucified from the foundation of the earth.(Revelation 13:8)

Before “the Great God and Savior” became Jesus the Son of Man (Titus 2:13) there was no God formed. There was no need. And He further says, "there will be none after Me."(Isaiah 43:10) We have in Jesus then the formed God. The formed God "emptied Himself, taking on the form of a bondservant, being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient...”(Philippians 2:7-8) to His earthly parents and, as soon as He was aware, His Heavenly Father. Hebrews 5:8-9 states, "Although He was a Son He learned obedience from the things He suffered; and having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the Source of eternal salvation;"

Could it be that what Jesus suffered was emptying Himself and coming to earth in the form of a man? Or did Jesus receive spankings just like most of our ancestors. As a Child, did He suffer and learn from the discipline that His loving daddy (Joseph, the husband of Mary), who had adopted Him, dispensed.(Proverbs 13:24, 22:6&15, 23:13-14 speak to the subject of spanking as discipline.)

Jesus the Christ is all the fullness of God in bodily form. Jesus Christ the formed God is the physical manifestation of the Omnipotent, Eternal, Infinitely Intelligent One. Yet "No man has seen God at any time." What do we have here, a contradiction? The one who takes an adversarial position when looking at Scripture might declare, "I have found IT! I have found a contradiction in the Bible." But those of us who have looked at Scripture as curious unbelievers and then later studied God's Word as believers, do not find the same thing from the Same Verse or Verses.

To help us understand more fully what Scripture is teaching about God and Jesus and us, we will look at an illustration. Several years ago, when one of the Soviet's cosmonauts returned from a few orbits around the earth, he told us that he had looked out of the porthole and did not see God. Corresponding to this a little girl received a set of new roller skates. She was so excited that she asked her mommy to help her put them on immediately. She happily took off on her maiden roll. Before she could traverse the length of her own height, the skates traveled faster than her center of gravity and she sat down abruptly. Her bumped bottom received a bruise. In case you don't know what a visible bruise is, it is blood that escapes from its blood vessels and spreads out and shows under the skin. For the sake of this illustration we will pretend that the blood cells are intelligent and communicative. One got back into the blood stream. It informed those who would listen, "We have all heard of people. When I was out of our normal environment and in the open I looked about and did not see any people. They do not exist!" What does God say? Everything that is created is in Me and held together by Me!(Colossians 1:17, Jeremiah 23:23-24) Consequently no matter how far one travels on earth or from earth, while he is in time and space, he "is in Him".

Simultaneously Jesus Christ is The Son of Man and The Son of God. Luke 1:35 relates briefly that Gabriel, an angel who was sent to inform a virgin that she was going to be pregnant, said, “‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the Power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the holy Offspring will be called the Son of God!’” Could we not also liken Jesus to another blood cell? The blood cell of God. All information about the body of Jesus is in each of His blood cells. The information is contained in the form of a DNA molecule. Hebrews 1:3 defines Jesus as "...the radiance of His Glory and the exact representation of His nature..." All that we know of is almost nothing compared to what God is. In fact a comparison is ludicrous. 1 Corinthians 15:35-38 illumines the idea that what one starts with has no resemblance to the finished work. Jesus, in His life on earth, gives us a glimmer of an idea of what God Is: Like an apple seed gives us a glimmer of the beauty of a fully flowered apple tree.
The Word of God goes on to inform us that apart from the Word that became flesh "nothing came into being that has come into being."(John 1:3) Along with this, we learn in the very next verse that in the Word is Life. In science there is a law which states for any result there must be a greater cause. Life can only come from The Life.

Hebrews 5:8-9 states, "Although He was a Son He learned obedience from the things He suffered; and having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation;" This was discussed above but, needs further attention. Could it be that what Jesus suffered was emptying Himself and coming to earth in the form of a man? Some would say the suffering refers to the cross. He was already perfected before suffering this indignity, though. We need to be read The Verse again. "He learned obedience from the things" which made Him "perfect" and "He became...the source of eternal salvation." There is a qualification that the Holy Spirit inserts there. It is not Jesus' qualification. His is not in question, for It says, "having been made perfect." We are the limiting factor. He is "the source of eternal salvation" "to all those who obey Him." Sounds like "So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God Who is at work in you, both to will and to work for good pleasure."(Philippians 2:12-13)

Jesus was not like the modern folks who are afraid of stepping on someone’s toes. Think on this. Where did the whip come from Jesus used when He drove the money changers out of the temple? Jesus took whatever time required to weave the whip to drive the money changers from the temple. (John 2:13-16) In this episode of Jesus cleansing, He spoke of the temple as His Father’s house. Jesus was not yet famous when He did this. Perhaps most locals had no idea Who He was. Jesus was more concerned with keeping holy that which is supposed to be holy than offending anyone’s sensibilities. God exhorts us then and now, “You shall be holy. For I AM holy.”(1 Peter 1:16)

By the time He cleaned the temple again, it was near the end of His life as The Son of Man, The Suffering Savior. In the second event (Matthew 21:13) Jesus lays claim to the temple as His Own. Why? Could it be He had demonstrated the credentials only God has? He miraculously turned the water into wine; showing He is in charge of physics and chemistry. He walked on water; displaying His authority over the law of gravity. He raised many people from the dead; showing He had authority over the Second Law of Thermodynamics. He fed more than 5,000 people on one occasion and more the 4,000 people at another time from a few fishes and loaves; demonstrating He rules the First Law of Thermodynamics. He forgave sin, and the person knew they were forgiven; convincing the world He is the One Who overcomes the universal law of guilt. Jesus knew the temple is His. He says, “’I and the Father are One.’” (John 10:30) And He claimed to be the God Who spoke with Moses, for Whom the temple was built: “’Before Abraham was, I AM!’” (John8:58) Take note Abraham exited but God exists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users