BUCK-OFF 2017 CONTEST
Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:41 AM
Below is a list of rules and guideline for everyone to read or reread for 2017
You MUST BE A BTC MEMBER before your hunt starts to enter a kill.
Post your kill and story IN THIS THREAD ONLY and I will add your info and score to the thread titled "Official 2017 Buck Board" please DO NOT REPLY to that thread as it will be for scoring only.
* The total number of all points (including eye-guards, AKA brow tines) over 1/2 inch long equals your final score. Please try to be as accurate as possible.
* Scoreable point issues will be resolved by being honest and knowing what a half inch is.
* Doe's count as one point.
* HONESTY will go a long way in keeping this a friendly contest without discrepancy.
* Participants will be divided into two teams, the "WhipperSnappers" and the "Geezers".
* The dividing point of the teams will be age 35(that's about the average age split in past contests)
* You ONLY sign-up for the contest AFTER YOU MAKE YOUR KILL.
*Your AGE is figured when your season OPENS
*If you live in California, and take a Blacktail in Oregon or Washington, it can still be entered into the contest. This is just an example. This holds true no matter which western state you live in. Only the highest score will be recorded
* Successful entrants scores will be added next to their names on the "Buck Board" as bucks are taken so everyone can keep track of the competition.
* A PHOTO of YOU WITH YOUR BUCK MUST be submitted with your entry to be eligible.
* If an entrant takes a bigger buck later in the season, after already entering a buck, their numbers will be changed to reflect the score of the larger buck.
* If you hunt exclusively in an area that does not hold true Columbian Blacktail, or Sitka Blacktail , you can still enter your buck. This exception only applies to entrants WHO DO NOT HAVE TAGS to hunt Blacktail. It is also limited to bucks taken in their home state.
* In order for a buck to be entered, contestants are REQUIRED to post a PHOTO, THEIR AGE, STATE, HUNT ZONE ,and a SCORE.
* Numbers will be updated periodically to reflect the current standings.
The start of California's A-zone archery season will be the official start date(7/8/17). And will end after the last blacktail season closes.
So if you make a kill and post it by following the ALL of the RULES, you will be put on a team and your score will be counted and added to the "Buck Board".
Have fun be safe and good luck this season.
Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:46 PM
Meatbuck 30 a zone California 6 points
Similar story to the one I got in a zone last year. Shot it just before dark across the creek and had to run home for a lifejacket. Babe held the rope and i swam across. Retrieved the buck and tied him off then waded him out until the current took out my feet. From there Babe pulled the buck and I to shore. Then it was all uphill to the road. Got home after midnight, gutted, rinsed, split, hung him and made it to bed about 2:30am after a much needed shower.
Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:03 PM
where is there water that deep in A zone
every place i see is only a trickle that barely gets your shoes wet
Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:01 PM
Take half a Viagra and you'll stop getting your shoes wet.
Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:15 AM
Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:38 AM
Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:50 PM
WTG and Congrats on a nice buck !!!!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users