2 replies to this topic

#1 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

George leveled the sights of the bunt line special. It really wasn't that hard of a shot but was probably the first blood drawn for either of us in several years. It didn't take long for us to become friends in England. All the other guys in the Air Force there were busy with other things. We on the other hand talked of nothing but hunting, him from Washington State, and me from Oregon. Anyway, the look on Jennys face when that digger squirrel toppled off that stump made me cringe. I'm not sure what she expected, but death to that squirrel was not it! Jenny is English, and when they got married and then moved here to Oregon she had never seen an animal die before.

Skip a couple years, to a Sunday afternoon. Chryel my wife, an Oregon native, and I were slinging gravel getting up the steep incline on my favorite mountain. Churning around an especially steep corner, we were stopped dead in our tracks, which isn't good because if you're not going forward you'll probably start sliding backwards! Anyway there in the road is George's old beat up pickup, with the door standing open, and nobody around. By the time we got our rig parked here comes George and Jenny out of the brush, she carrying her recurve. Yep, you guessed it, she made the shot. After a short tracking job, the prize a blacktail doe, represented a 180 degree change in attitude. You should have seen the smile on her face. Since she grew up a stones throw from Sherwood Forrest, I figure maybe she was related to old Robin Hood.

(compoounds hadn't been invented yet, and we didn't realize sights were a must) ph34r.gif
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#2 Antelope Eyes

Antelope Eyes

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts
  • Interests:I love church,family,hunting,fishing,horses,Labrador Retrievers,gardening,and cutting firewood.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

Cool story
smile.gif
When the fog cleared I could not believe it,there he was.............

#3 VacavilleIllusion

VacavilleIllusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:Flying, hunting, fishing. R/C helicopters. Retired stuff!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

Well written! (Ok, it took me a few months to find it!!) Merry Christmas, and thanks for the great post!!
2008 Browning "Illusion"; Backup is a Browning 2007 “Illusion”; Both: 70lb at 29”; PSE Phantom Drop-Away; Extreme RT900; Beman Carbons w/Grim Reapers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users