• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 studioandolina

studioandolina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

So last year (2017) was finally the year I was able to connect with my FIRST bow kill deer. I live in Washington and hunt private land on an island (Vashon) so I am very lucky. I have taken five deer off there with shotgun (island) and there are some biggies (very hard to see) but I always fill my tag. I had a few opportunities in the gun season but failed to make that happen, missed, hesitated, blah, blah , blah. So I had a multi season tag bow / and gun and it's late bow season (December), warm and sunny (in Washington in December) not the best Blacktail weather. I am sick and have my nose running all down my face, decide to take a walk and then go home most likely. As I turn a corner on a small trail I look up and there he is, browsing in the open brush with a large fir tree between him an me. I duck behind this giant tree, calm myself down decide its exactly 20 yards, draw and release to see the perfect arrow enter his chest. The boy looks around, screams and falls over, flopping around like a fish out of water. I calm dawn, draw another arrow to finish him off and that's that. I finally after many years of trying got my first ever bow deer, LOVE my Mathews bow.....

Attached Files

#2 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

welcome on board 

nice buck , looks tender and tasty 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users