52 replies to this topic

#1 Cubfoot

Cubfoot

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Dave, 18, Eureka, been hunting blacktails my whole life with my dad and uncles. I hope to get one with my bow this year.

#2 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

Hey Cubfoot, good luck with your first bow buck this season. I got my first one last season and am hooked on bowhunting now.... not sayin im putting the rifles up for good though lol.

#3 Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hey, Snoopdogg here. Sacramento area and big time hunter. It seems I'm eating, drinking and sleeping hunting every day of the year in some way, shape or form. Bow hunter and rifle hunter, and I hunt most everything.

Good hunting.

Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#4 deltahog

deltahog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

I am in Calif, i've hunted deer from the age of 13-24, then quit hunting compleatly and fished proffesionally till I was 44. Caught the Ca Delta Delta Record Largemouth Bass at 18.62Lbs in 2002 and it still holds. http://sports.espn.g...ss_Jensen_18.62 I sold my boat in 2007 and now am fully back into hunting again at the age of 46. I didnt relize how much I missed it.
Last year was my firsy year back into the hunting world again, and all I can say is after not hunting for 20 years, things sure have changed. I killed a nice Bear and missed a big Blacktail that would probablly had made the books. This year, last January I purchased a Bow and killed my first Boar last saturady with it while deer hunting A zone (Hedgepeth Ranch). I have one more week left of A then B zone starts soon. My goal is to kill a book head Blacktail, perferably with my bow. I am fortante to be able hunt and have good friends with acces to places that hold big deer like this, and I will keep you all updated on my quest for the big one. Good luck to everyone this season and big bucks to all.

#5 daveb90

daveb90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

David here at 19 years of age. I live in Chico and have been hunting blacktail deer since I was 12. I also shed hunt during the off season.
Definition of Vegetarian:
Old Indian word for bad hunter.

#6 Dogman

Dogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

Mario here also known by Dogman. I've been hunting Ca for 10 years now, grew up in Utah southeastern started hunting mullies with the family. Then moved to Chico rested awhile from hunting then jumped right back into it. 2 bucks last year out of B zone 3x3, and 3x4. see you around

#7 gobears16

gobears16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

Name is Justin. I'm from the Modesto area. I went to school and played football at UC Berkeley. Finally got back into deer hunting after 5 years off due to football. Last year first year back killed a nice little 3x3 and forkie in D6, once again I've caught the fever. Got a new Bowtech Swat this year and look forward chashing them with stick and string. I hunt everything I can in California. Sure glad to be out of that crazy town of Berkeley. Good luck to everyone this year.

#8 pete jr

pete jr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi my name is Lupe and I am a huntaholic! I grew up in yolo county chasing A zone bucks with my grandpa and my dad. I hope to kill a bomber this year! Good luck to everyone!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of blacktailed deer, and those who have hunted blacktails long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

#9 population control

population control

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, HUNTING, HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

My name is Sean, orignally from the East bay, I live to hunt. 26 years old, hunting solid for 14. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Good Luck to everyone this year!!!!
-PC
Anchors Away!!!!

Uh oh... those bucks are in trouble!!!

#10 Troutman_209

Troutman_209

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:aArchery/Rifle Hunting, fly/spin fishing, backpacking, spending time with family, native plants, science education

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

I'm Don. I've been hunting deer in CA since 1981, and even earlier as a scout/extra set of eyes with my brother and father. I think I've killed my last 4 deer with my 22 year old PSE Strato-Flite Express bow with Wal-mart carbon fiber or Easton aluminum arrows with cheapo Wal-mart broadheads....living prrof you don't have to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on highly marketed bows and accessories to kill a deer dead! Spend all that extra money on more important things like beer, family, tag fees, etc.
Troutman_209, M.Sc.
Merced County, CA

#11 cyothnt

cyothnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

hello cyothnt here. i have been hunting for about 6 years now and raced quads befor i was introduced to hunting.needless to say i dont own a race quad now.haha i eat breath and think hunting all year.when im not hunting big game i am hunting predators.the thrill of the kill hope all you have good luck... this year i killed my first deer with my bow and wow i am speachless on the adrenalin and how much fun it was....

Attached Files

#12 kevinandboys

kevinandboys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hi im Kevin ive been hunting blacktails since i was 12 when i started archery hunting for them, tryed archery until i was 21 then decided to buy a gun. I killed a few deer with a rifle now i am slowly getting back into archery. I am hoping to get my 13 year old son his first deer this year he got drawn for j21 either sex tag.
Hunt Hard....GOOD LUCK

#13 Rugerguy

Rugerguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Basketball, Softball, Camping, and Prospecting

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hi all. I am Adam from Anderson, CA. I've been hunting blacktail for 17 years (since the age of 12), with some success. Really great site you folks got here.

#14 wtm4x4

wtm4x4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:25 AM

Hi all, my name is Will and I live in Rio Vista, CA. I have been hunting Blacktails for quite a few years now, have taken some dandy bucks and some yummy meat bucks but always have fun. I am new here, but figured I would say hi to all of you.

#15 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (wtm4x4 @ Oct 13 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, my name is Will and I live in Rio Vista, CA. I have been hunting Blacktails for quite a few years now, have taken some dandy bucks and some yummy meat bucks but always have fun. I am new here, but figured I would say hi to all of you.

Welcome to the site Will. There is lots of good stuff on here!

#16 270wsmSharpshooter

270wsmSharpshooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Daniel, im 18 and i live in Eureka but i currently in sacramento for school. ive been hunting blacktails for 2 years in the B zone. got my first buck this year
eat sleep HUNT repeat

#17 chinogoose

chinogoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

Chino here born and raised in Corning Ca and still new to deer hunting been doing the fowl thing and love me some birds. First season with a bow had some opportunities back no luck. I hope to get my first buck next year. Good luck to all.

#18 Brushape

Brushape

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Pat here from sonoma, been hunting blacktail since I was twelve on my familes property in A & b zones in mendocino county and also some public land in b zone. Really gettting the hang of it the last few years and im supper obsessed, shed hunt maybe 30 days a year and lots of scouting. didnt get a buck for my first 3 years but took my 15th buck this year in my 11th season

#19 HunterJim

HunterJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, writing.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:20 AM

Jim here, I was a member on the previous board as well. I was born in Carmel, and grew up there hunting blacktail and hogs in Monterey County, and shooting pigeons back in the day. I live in San Diego now, so I do asphalt safaris north, lately hunting with my nephew in the Roseburg area. I took about 20 years off for a military career, then another 10 hunting Africa, but I am back to my first love now -- the wily blacktail!

jim
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."

#20 Zackman

Zackman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

My name is Zack. I live in Modesto. I've been chasing blacktails with my bow since I was 12. I'm 26 now. I'm lucky, as I have been able to hunt all the species of deer with my bow. But, without a doubt, these cagey deer are my favorite. I'll hunt them 'til I die.
Bowhunting is a year-round endeavor
http://www.weekendbowhunter.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users