#1 huntinfreak

huntinfreak

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and dirt bikes

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

Any one else gonna right a story.We just moved the equipment in on a new job and started logging and it was the middle of archery season.The cutters said there was a nine point bull hanging around there with a big heard of cows,so the bow was in the crummy the next day.On the way in that morning we could just make them out in a feild below are unit,so when we hit the landing i ran right over and begged the shovel operator to let me go after them.I told him chances are i would be right back,i got the ok.Im thinking 9 point oh my god.So i book it down below where we are logging and im walking down this old cat road when i spot a cow coming toward me,so i get set up.then the cows sarted pouring up the road toward me,then they turn up a steep cut bank single file.They all go out of site into the brush,no bull dammit.Then i here the grunting and some half a$$ bugels.then he comes into view and all i see is ivory tips and tall horns.He went up the bank right where the cows did so i hurried to the bottom of this big cut bank huggin it closely so he couldnt me.I possitiond my self right below him,i could here him still above me but this big bank kept me out of his sight.I drew my bow to full draw and slowly started backing away from the bank to see above it and there he was with his head in the brush and body exposed.I drilled him but it was back to far and he ran up the hill aways and i heard him stop.I wanted another arrow in him so i jumped over to the next trail and started up into the timber aways.There he was again hiding behind a clump of trees and watching his back trail.well i wasnt on that trail,i could not see his head so he cant see me.I put the sneak up to around 20 yards and all i could see was from the shoulder back,perfect.Ihammered him again this time it right in there.I was raining a little that morning so he was wet and the sun was shining on him a little when i hit him and it was the coolest thing,i seen the water fly when the arrow hit him then in the suns rays i seen my arrow fly out the other side in a mist of red,looked awsome.He didnt go far after that one and fell over.He wasnt a nine point but a real nice 6x6.So then i had to go tell the shovel operator i needed the rest of the day off.I bet this bull whent 1000 pounds.
gotta love oregon

#2 Trailseeker

Trailseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

Man, you make it look so easy.

Getting that second shot was something else.
Defend our rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
Uphold our natural right to harvest food.
Hunt.

#3 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks again for the great story. Now I've got something to dream about while I'm doing yard work. Nice Elk!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#4 Antelope Eyes

Antelope Eyes

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts
  • Interests:I love church,family,hunting,fishing,horses,Labrador Retrievers,gardening,and cutting firewood.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

Nice bull and a good story,thanks for sharing.
When the fog cleared I could not believe it,there he was.............

#5 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Great story. I was just talking to a buddy that bow hunted up your direction a couple of years ago, sounds like a really fun hunt, Id like to get up there and try it out.

#6 forkhorn

forkhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, working on cars, and enjoying my grandkids.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Thats a beautiful Bull, congrats!

The best view in life is through the crosshairs of my scope.

#7 deerhunter_98520

deerhunter_98520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

im already amped up about next month archery elk opening up and your not helping any with your story lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users