#1 huntinfreak

huntinfreak

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and dirt bikes

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

We found a new honey hole last year that had some of the most impressive elk sign ive seen.Leaving a clear cut and going up to bedding grounds these trails were shredded.Two guys were following the trails up and i came in the back way.There was no fresh sign where i was but i knew if i kept looking i was gonna find where all these elk were going.I stumbeled on to an old elk trail that i decided to stay on cause it was fairly quit going but there was still no fresh sign,i no more than stepped onto the trail when all hell broke lose about 50 yards away.There was bugling and horns hitting and it sounded like a bunch of them coming up the trail i was on so i turned and booked it above the trail but only made it a few steps when some cows started in to my view.I crunched down and turned my bow crossways in front of me,i had no time to nock an arrow and only made it about 6 feet off the trail,i didnt have any brush or nothing to hide me,all i had was my bow to hide behind.These cows came flying up the trail and stopped and im not kidding there 6 of them and they were about 6 feet from me.They were off to my side and looking back to where these bulls were still going at it and they hadnt seen me yet.Then out came two more cows,through the brush i couldnt see the bulls and i was pinned down.The last 2 cows were coming across a little draw about 20 feet in front of me and i was gonna be right in there line of site,they were all so close i tryed not to look at them afraid they would see my eyes.One of the cows was coming out of the little draw,head swaying back in forth and unknowingly looking right at me,then i see the whites of her eyes,busted they turned and ran and the 6 of them right beside me started looking all around and then made me out and bolted.When your crowtched down 6 feet away from these rosies and looking up at them they realy look big.I never got to see the 2 bulls that were fighting but that was some serious exitement and had me exited the rest of the day.
gotta love oregon

#2 PWS Fred

PWS Fred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

Now that's a pants-changer right there. I bet the adrenaline was flowing!!!

#3 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Great story again! Thanks.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#4 shedhorn

shedhorn

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Family

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (PWS Fred @ Aug 13 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that's a pants-changer right there. I bet the adrenaline was flowing!!!

LMAO!! well said.

good story
It's tough to push a rope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users