• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 grizzly

grizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

Iam 38 years old live in Tenino and have been hunting for 25 years. i hunt elk with a bow and deer with a rifle. I am employed at Green Hill School in Chehalis and work with Blackghost, Steelheader and 257 Wby Mag. I have been married for 16 years and have a son who is 7
Livin to Hunt!!!!!!!!!

#2 SpearitLake

SpearitLake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Bryan Schwitzke checking in at 49years 7months and a few days. I can useually be found in either the Stella or Coweeman Units during the last weekend of modern rifle elk through extended buck. I pack either my Desert Eagle .50cal or my S&W .460xvr as a sidearm and tote either my 7mm X .300 Weatherby Mag. or 7mm Remmington Mag.
Dad will be 76 this season and loves every minute he/we spend up in the woods and if we happen to bag an animal then thats just the icing on the cake. The real pleasure comes from the comradery of our hunting partners and the many strangers / friends we happen upon during the hunt...................does it get any better than sitting around the campfire exchanging stories of hunting experiences.................especially when its cold and wet and snowy outside biggrin.gif

Im a Geezer and Proud Of It..................
ahhhh....................to be 27 again :)

#3 Leanne

Leanne

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

My name is Leanne Matthews, I am 20 years old and I hunt muzzleloader. I have been hunting with my dad for the past seven years, always muzzleloader and always for WA blacktails. I live in Sequim, WA with Sean my boyfriend of almost five years and Sienna our two year old daughter. I have harvested six deer in my seven years hunting.

2008 - 4x4 with eyeguards that were barely there http://i41.photobuck...yofIMG_0456.jpg
2007 - 3x2 http://s41.photobuck...MG_3179copy.jpg
2006 - 3x1 http://s41.photobuck...=IMG_3187-3.jpg
2005 - Tag soup
2004 - 3x3 http://i41.photobuck.../3point2004.jpg
2003 - 4x3 with eyeguards http://i41.photobuck...lloffame001.jpg
2002 - white button buck http://i41.photobuck...ing/whitey2.jpg
Living just to hunt!

#4 Blsum

Blsum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well it doesn't look like a lot of the Washington hunters are introducing themselves.

The name's Ben. 29 out of Shelton, WA. I've been married now for eight years come this Sept. We had our first child march 15th 2007, We named him Robert after my grandpa who taught me most everything I know about hunting. Our second child is due march 12th 2010. We are very exited. Don't know what it's going to be noor are we going to find out. Ussually you will find me hunting modern deer season with grandpa's Rem. 700 .30-06 or my T/C Contender .357 maximum. Come Elk season I'll be packing the Muzzy around in the back country. I don't know if it's cause I've been holding myself to higher standards when it comes to deer hunting but I've been on a dry streak the last 5-6 seasons. I alway's see plenty of deer. Just not any that I would feel right about taking. Plus with work and the family I don't get out near as much as I would like to. By trade I work as a lumber salesmen for the largest building products supplier in the U.S. ProBuild. If your ever in need of anything. Let me know and I will see if I can help you out.
You may just be one person in this world. But you may be the world to just one person.

#5 1morebuck

1morebuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hey all, I am Kelly. I live and work in the Shelton area for the local newspaper. I am the production manager and write the local outdoor column. I have lived in the Olympics and surrounding foothills every spare second. Blacktails are my deer passion and I have taken up chasing them with a bow for the last two years. When it comes to roosies' I am where ever the bulls may take me (usually from Naselle to Forks). If ever there is a need or a concern for us hunters, fishermen or any outdoorsman or woman to say something to the public, just let me know. I love writing about our questions and concerns and will not give in if the subject is touchy!

-Kelly
If I can do it... Then any one can!

#6 Robotkay

Robotkay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Bow hunting, river fishing & hiking

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

I am 39 & live in Puyallup. This is my first year hunting. I am using a older Bear bow. I used to shoot instinctive recurve as a kid. I am on my second marriage (just had to kick the mud off the tires). I have 2 children, one boy & one girl. The boy is into hunting more than me. He has a 22 rifle, a muzzeloader & a bow. I took him to my new spot last weekend. We were doing great until some duck hunters came walking through the marsh making a ton of noise. Have had a great time out hiking with my bow. Would love to hear any tips on bringing the deer into range. Right now we are hunting GMU 667.

#7 buckhuntingirl

buckhuntingirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Working, hunting, full time mother!, listening to classic country and spending time with my Dad.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hello everyone. My name is Kelly. My son and I live with my inlaws in Centralia. I'm working at McDonald's. I'll work at other McDonald's in the surrounding area too, anywhere they need an extra body. Ive occasionally worked in Shelton also. I have family in Centralia which I think is important to be close to them.
I hunt with a 30-30 and I spend my time with my dad hunting. My husband isn't as dedicated to hunting as I am which is good, leaves more deer for me. Lol. But has its downfall too. He isn't able to see it my way. LOL
My dad was a timber faller so he came home with interesting antlers quite often and even brought home a fawn that a tree fell on. We got it back to healthy and it was released! Ahh, some stuff you don't forget.
Well, I'll see you around on BTC. I love to talk hunting anytime, anywhere!
Are you an environmentalist OR DO YOU WORK FOR A LIVIN'?

#8 Jesse wessel

Jesse wessel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:hunting big bucks and picking up sheds!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

My name is jesse i live in republic but was raised in the blacktail country around enumclaw, I live for hunting and killing big bucks. I have had a lot of sucess with blacktails and in recent years have killed some big whitetails since i moved to republic. I scout for big bucks year round and love to hunt sheds. also do some guiding around republic.
huntin big bucks is what i do!

#9 Three Point or better

Three Point or better

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Hey all,
I'm from Shelton,WA and I live to hunt. I love the outdoors and get out there from May to January shed hunting, scouting, backpacking, hiking, and hunting bear, blacktail, whitetail, muley, elk, and turkey. I don't shoot a lot of game as I'm pretty selective but when I do; they're done. Been huntin' since I was a kid and will be hunting to my grave.
I am very lucky to have an understanding wife and daughter that allow me to enjoy it all. They get out with me once in awhile but out schedules don't really line up.

#10 CascadeHillbilly

CascadeHillbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

Hey there all, My names Ryan , from Salkum, Wa. Live and breath hunting and fishing. Born and raised in Lewis county , and teachin' the kids everything I know 8)

#11 dmr400

dmr400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hello Everyone, new member and new to Washington. 26, living in Bonney Lake, dedicated archery hunter. Moved here last September for a new job from Eastern Oregon, looking forward to learning about and hunting blacktails!

#12 ddpalmer

ddpalmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hello, My name is David, 52, Longview Wa, Looking for a hunting buddy, never been hunting before! Any suggestions?

#13 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Try asking somewhere that folks have visited more recently than 2012... Just a suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users