• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scott63

scott63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

A friend of mine was hunting turkey today on former Roseburg land above Oak Run. All California lands (170k Acres) owned by Roseburg were recently sold to "New Forests" which owns "LandVest". My friend was stopped by the California Operations Manager Jim Henson. Mr Henson told my friend that permission had to be obtained from him prior to hunting in an area that has any operation anywhere in the area. Mr Henson further stated that in the near future all access to LandVest properties would be forbidden. Thats right, 170k acres completely off limits. Roseburg enacted the no vehicle policy about ten years ago and this greatly reduced problems they had with illegal dumping and off road damage. However they still allowed hunting/hiking/fishing by any non motorized means. This is going to be a very big deal in Shasta, Lassen, Plumas,Trinity, Siskiyou counties to name a few......Feel free to call email etc, I know I will, especially above his pay grade!

Attached Files

#2 scott63

scott63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

I just got a return email from a former Roseburg employee now a Landvest employee. He confirms: Any activity in the area will result in closure of that area. All land likely to be closed to public access in the near future. Landvest employees will now have their own 170,000 acre hunting preserve.......This really really sucks, 4 generations of my family hunted that area.

#3 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

timber companies do that up in  C1 zone . used to be open and allowed camping but no campfires on private property . 

they found a few campfires and no one around so after a few years they closed it to all motorized  vehicles . you could walk only and hunt or go click click with camera. there is also an area up there that has NO TRESPASSING for miles and miles along both sides of forestry maintained roads . 

sure suks , no telling what we find up there this year . 

hate turning any hunter in but i have been lately . one bad nut job ruining it for hundreds of hunters is bad 

#4 scott63

scott63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

It is a damn shame. My kids and I always brought out random trash left along the roads and many many people like us never caused any problems. My grandfather and my father took me hunting there. When my kids were old enough to hunt, we bicycled in to hunt or fish after they closed that 44k acre section to motorized vehicles. 4 generations of my family have fished and hunted there for nearly 50 years and there are many many families that have similar stories. Truly disheartening.

#5 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

same thing goes with national forest and their new travel management plan . they shut off thousands of miles of roads where families camped for generations and now you cant drive on the roads to those camps . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users