#1 Roadkill

Roadkill

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Interests:Killing a damn blacktail

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

Hey everybody, how are ya all doing ??? I wish I had the time to visit here more often, but with work and all the other things going on in life it just seems that there is not enough hours in the day. Really kind of miss everyone that used to hang out here a few years ago.

Nothing really new here, I drew a muzzleloader tag for deer again this year, my oldest son Jacob drew also so at least I wont be hunting alone this year. My youngest son Mike is 18 now and come August 16th he is off to serve in the Navy for several years. Really proud of him, he scored super high on his tests and got into the nuclear program. He has several years of school in Charleston SC ahead of him and then who knows what after that. He graduated HS on the honor roll (got his brains from his mom i'll tell ya that LOL), so for his graduation gift I gave him my old Browning side by side 20ga that my parents gave me when I graduated way back in 1983. A few days later I gave Jacob my dads old Remington 700 30-06 for turning his life around and getting a good job and being a great dad to his two little boys. Good news is I have a couple empty spots in the safe now !!!

I have several good pics to post but it keeps saying the file size is to big so I gotta figure that out, but when I do I'll post them up.

So anyone draw anything good for OR this year???? 

Hope everyone is well, I'll check in more often 

Later, Scott.

The harder you hunt, the luckier you will get.

#2 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

You need to downsize your pics, either with an app or do like I do and take pics from further away than you really want, then crop the edges out. Cropping makes file size smaller. Some don't get small enough first try so gotta crop more. I do all my stuff with iPhone but this also works on my tablet. Hope this helps.

#3 ropes

ropes

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Interests:Hunten and Fishen

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Nice to here from you Roadkill .... sounds like you got it going on.

I check in here but don't post like I use to. Seems kinda quiet. I also miss the old days when this was an active blog with lots of action and a great crowd. 

I don't put in for Oregon as I am still guiding up here in Alaska. Spring Bear, then charter guiding cruise ship fisher people, then fall is busy with Bear, Mt Goat & Sitka Blacktail. Don't get back to Oregon till the first of Dec. I guess I should be putting in for that late season Cow tag in the Alsea. But with the busy seasons up here in Ak I have usually had enough hunting & fishing. Just enjoy walks on the beach hunting agates& watching football .... ha

#4 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

i been camping for a week east of mt shasta .

pup loves to go fishing 

and loves scouting X1 roads at 6000 feet trying to get to medicine lake 

and loved my last camp trip in the no longer usefull tent . it leaks and a tree top fell in wind and ripped it beyond repair 

Attached Files

#5 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:hunting ,fishing ,blackpowder, rendezvous ,camping ,playing with dog ,hiking in mountains , anything outdoors in mountains except SNOW and LOVE NASCAR

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

and i tried DRY ICE for the first time camping using an ice chest . 

i bought 20 pounds on sunday , loaded it into 50 quart chest and poured regular big bag cube ice over and closed it up . 

monday afternoon i loaded all my meals  FROZEN on the bottom and breads on top and placed in my truck for the trip . 

went camping tuesday morn . 

i had frozen food still after 5 days camping but they were just starting to thaw and i started adding regular ice . on last 2 nights i had burgers and meat was just as fresh as when i bought them and froze them . 

this is first ice chest camping trip in my 62 years that i never had to throw away ruined stinky food cause they didnt last in ice chest . 

if you go camping and use ice chest , try DRY ICE . its 2$ a pound but worth every penny for a weeks trip 

never too old to learn new tricks 

#6 maddog

maddog

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing thats all there is !!!!!!!!!!

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Hey roadkill good to see you still showing up as for me no draws again i now have 12 pts for x5b ive been trying to get and 7 points for tule elk in pillsbury so back to B-zone for me.

MADDOG RULES LOL and Make the first shot count,Blacktail Identification expert LOL and population control professionalist LOL

#7 Jhutch91

Jhutch91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

I drew the North bank habitat muzzle loader hunt this year no elk or die tags drawn though.

#8 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Well, I've been pulling the trigger a lot lately, on my camera.  Still haven't got to hunt with my pioneer license yet. Even my photo stuff has had to be "road hunting".  I'm hobbling around on a crutch for a couple more weeks.  Here's a "shot" I took just a little bit ago.  He'd be big enough for me.Attached File  blacktail.jpg   110.25KB   1 downloads

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#9 meatbuck

meatbuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Putting meat in the freezer

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Nice one

#10 BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES

BTC Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Christian walk, family, huntin, hikin, picture takin

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

Roadkill, it's really great to hear all the updates on the boys.  I feel like I know you guys personally.  We may not have met but I'll bet we've hiked some of the same areas over on North Bank.  

Jhutch91, Roadkill is the local expert on North Bank.  If his old posts are available, they have a lot of good information.  Lots of success pics also. I grew up and live just a few miles from there on the north side of the ridge.  The roads used to be open to get in there from this side but now it's walk in only, and that's by permission, so I don't get over that far.

On my earlier buck picture post I noticed something interesting.  If you were tracking him he'd be easy to identify.  Must have had an injury to that hoof?

Attached File  hoof.jpg   169.29KB   1 downloads

Ha, zoomed in on the computer I can see the reflection of my car in that bucks eye.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them. Ps.127:4,5

#11 big bad hunter

big bad hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

nice buck brighteyes and nice catch with hoof 

saw a couple when i was camping but nothing that size of horns . only 8 inch or so each side with big button on top ready to fork 

and of coarse when i didnt have camera with me . they mulies anyway 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users