5 replies to this topic

#1 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

So Im looking into trying a new wilderness area hunt this year. I have hunted the Marbles and the Yolla Bolly's. I never hear of anyone every hunting the Snow Mountain Wilderness area and was thinking of trying it. I was wondering if anyone here has hunted it? Does it get alot of pressure? Thanks in advance for any info.

#2 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, carpentry

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Garrett1923 @ May 9 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Im looking into trying a new wilderness area hunt this year. I have hunted the Marbles and the Yolla Bolly's. I never hear of anyone every hunting the Snow Mountain Wilderness area and was thinking of trying it. I was wondering if anyone here has hunted it? Does it get alot of pressure? Thanks in advance for any info.

a couple a friends of mine tried it beforebut with no real success. They said there were quite of few people around the edge but not mony too deep. i think it actually shares a border with a state game refuge so i can't imagine they would put a refuge where there weren't any deer. The wilderness is just one huge mountain but i think it is no higher than 6500' in elevation. I have another wilderness area that looks better but it is far from my house, closer to you, shoot me a pm.

#3 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

PM sent.

#4 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, carpentry

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

hey garrett, you can also go to wilderness.net and go california and it will give you an alphabetical llist of every wilderness area we have. Just recently our wonderful government designated thousands of acres of forest service land into wilderness areas. I was stunned to see how many wildeness areas we have in california, many of them are new like the Yuki wilderness, Sanhedrin wilderness and the Lassic wilderness. It is not only for california either, they have the same thing for oregon and washington and every other state in the union. Good luck.

#5 NEVADA CAT HUNTER

NEVADA CAT HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Garrett1923 @ May 9 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

November 2009 issue California Game and Fish pg.17 I wrote a little something about Snow Mountain. Tough hunting Wilderness areas because its starting to get over crowded with hunter's. I am starting to see more hunters in the back country than road hunters. Crazy.
Jack Spencer Jr.
"Team Nevada"

#6 Garrett1923

Garrett1923

BTC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

Thanks NCH, I'll see if I can find the article online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users