How Many Type of Deer Reside in Oregon?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ridgerunner777

Ridgerunner777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Deer, Elk, Bear and Cougar. Running, lifting weights and Reading.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I was wondering how many type of Deer are found in Oregon. I know that we have Columbian Blacktail, Columbian Whitetail, Mule Deer and Northwestern Idaho Whitetail. I believe we also have some Hybrid deer where Whitetail/Blacktail and Mule Deer interbreed. Does Southern Oregon have some different type of Blacktail? How about the Mule Deer from the SouthEastern corner of Oregon. Just curious. I was thinking it would be kind of cool to collect some antlers from each type of Deer that live in Oregon and to hopefully hunt and bag at least one Buck for each kind during my lifetime. Any thoughts on these?

#2 NEVADA CAT HUNTER

NEVADA CAT HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Ridgerunner777 @ Feb 1 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering how many type of Deer are found in Oregon. I know that we have Columbian Blacktail, Columbian Whitetail, Mule Deer and Northwestern Idaho Whitetail. I believe we also have some Hybrid deer where Whitetail/Blacktail and Mule Deer interbreed. Does Southern Oregon have some different type of Blacktail? How about the Mule Deer from the SouthEastern corner of Oregon. Just curious. I was thinking it would be kind of cool to collect some antlers from each type of Deer that live in Oregon and to hopefully hunt and bag at least one Buck for each kind during my lifetime. Any thoughts on these?

Aside from drawing a CW tag you could collect all these within three years.
Jack Spencer Jr.
"Team Nevada"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users